Author Topic: Polack Pizza Maker  (Read 317 times)

Offline polishpizza

• New Haven Style Thin Crust Mobile Pizza - We Bring The Party To You, Not Just The Pizza!
Polack Pizza Maker
« on: January 13, 2013, 01:22:13 PM »
New to the forum, looks like a great place!

So here is my story.

I'm 3/4 Polish and a 1/4 Irish, I look Italian and I grew up primarily in an Italian neighborhood with mostly Italian friends.

I grew up in New Haven County, CT and have been obsessed with pizza since I can remember.

I've been lucky enough to live close enough to Wooster Street in New Haven where a bunch of famous pizza restaurants are located.  In fact there are a bunch of more lesser know pizza places in about a 20/30 radius that are awesome as well.

For the last 20 years I have been going to Pepe's with my wife and friends probably once a month.  When the kids came along they also joined us and it is one of their favorite things to do..Pepe's pizza then Libby's for some dessert!  Life doesn't get much better then that.

So, why am I here?

About 4-5 years ago I started playing around with making pizza.  A friend of mine showed my how he made it on the grill.  I watched him a couple of times and then i started making it on my own.  Since then it has become an obsession and I have gotten pretty good with it according to all my friends, family, etc.  A bunch of people even told me I should sell it...

So being the entrepreneur that I am (I have two of my own businesses) I started putting some thought into it.  Obviously I'm not going to re-invent the wheel as there are a ton of pizza places out there and there are a handful of mobile pizza's businesses already.  In my research I did find that there is definitely room for more mobile pizza businesses.

I know I am not interested in opening and running a full time pizza restaurant.  I am very interested in opening a small mobile pizza catering business.

So here I am...information overload...and I need some help/direction.

I have to make two big decisions.  WFO or LP.  Pizza vehicle or trailer.  I'll post some specific questions in the appropriate forums.
Polack trying to make pizza

Offline RMWFO

Re: Polack Pizza Maker
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 01:26:28 PM »
Hi there,

Nice story!

WFO or LP?
WFO pizzas taste better and it's a big marketing plus. LP is cleaner (to maintain) and cheaper than wood.

Type of mobile unit?
Since you are in CT state you will need to get enclosed (pizza enclosed trailer or truck). There is no way you can work outside during the winter period!
The truck is easier to move around but more expansive. The trailer makes sense if you already have a (strong) pickup truck to tow it.

Feel free to check our website: www.rockymountainwoodfireovens.com for more info.
We have years of successful pizza catering experience and we will be very happy to help with your exiting project.

Sincerly,

Seb

New to the forum, looks like a great place!

So here is my story.

I'm 3/4 Polish and a 1/4 Irish, I look Italian and I grew up primarily in an Italian neighborhood with mostly Italian friends.

I grew up in New Haven County, CT and have been obsessed with pizza since I can remember.

I've been lucky enough to live close enough to Wooster Street in New Haven where a bunch of famous pizza restaurants are located.  In fact there are a bunch of more lesser know pizza places in about a 20/30 radius that are awesome as well.

For the last 20 years I have been going to Pepe's with my wife and friends probably once a month.  When the kids came along they also joined us and it is one of their favorite things to do..Pepe's pizza then Libby's for some dessert!  Life doesn't get much better then that.

So, why am I here?

About 4-5 years ago I started playing around with making pizza.  A friend of mine showed my how he made it on the grill.  I watched him a couple of times and then i started making it on my own.  Since then it has become an obsession and I have gotten pretty good with it according to all my friends, family, etc.  A bunch of people even told me I should sell it...

So being the entrepreneur that I am (I have two of my own businesses) I started putting some thought into it.  Obviously I'm not going to re-invent the wheel as there are a ton of pizza places out there and there are a handful of mobile pizza's businesses already.  In my research I did find that there is definitely room for more mobile pizza businesses.

I know I am not interested in opening and running a full time pizza restaurant.  I am very interested in opening a small mobile pizza catering business.

So here I am...information overload...and I need some help/direction.

I have to make two big decisions.  WFO or LP.  Pizza vehicle or trailer.  I'll post some specific questions in the appropriate forums.