Author Topic: Im wondering how Jim Lahey's no knead bread would be using All Trumps  (Read 928 times)

Offline Chaze215

Has anyone tried this? Would there need to be adjustments made using AT vs. bread flour? Just curious.

Chaz
Chaz

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
Re: Im wondering how Jim Lahey's no knead bread would be using All Trumps
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 09:17:06 AM »
Has anyone tried this? Would there need to be adjustments made using AT vs. bread flour? Just curious.

Chaz

Chaz,

I don’t know if you are interested, but I started a thread about Jim Lahey’s book “MY PIZZA” at http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,18210.0.html which was a thread about no knead pizza dough from Jim Lahey.  Other members and I did try some of those no knead doughs for pizza on that thread.

I really don’t think there would need to be adjustments when using All Trumps versus bread flour.  The only one I could think of is the hydration, but the hydration is already high in what I tried.

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline Chaze215

Re: Im wondering how Jim Lahey's no knead bread would be using All Trumps
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 07:38:18 PM »
Thanks for the link norma I will have to read through it. I made some no knead dough last night for bread with AT and the only thing I changed was increasing the hydration level since it didn't look or feel right. Im sure it will come out fine. Seems like with 100% AT, the hydration levels need to be increased a bit.
Chaz