Author Topic: Tried & true pizza supply: Lisanti  (Read 1234 times)

Offline JD

• Supporting Member
Tried & true pizza supply: Lisanti
« on: January 16, 2013, 09:41:56 AM »
Many years ago, my uncle was a pizza chef at a very successful Italian restaurant in Islip, Long Island. It was sold back in the 90's (owner retired) but my uncle shared their supplier of yeast/flour/etc etc if anyone is interested in experimenting.

I am in no way affiliated with Lisanti, nor have I ever personally purchased from them. But I do remember that pizza was excellent NY Style. They used the fresh yeast and a 1-2 day cold ferment.

http://www.lisantifoodservice.com/Products01.htm

Not even sure if they sell retail. Just trying to add something to the forum

JD
Josh

Offline mkevenson

• Lifetime Member
  • Roos! Protector of Fowl
Re: Tried & true pizza supply: Lisanti
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 11:06:58 AM »
Motofrk, welcome to the forum. Thanks for sharing. Their website says that their product list has not been upadted since 3/2010. Their current specials are for the month of April, ????? Perhaps they are no longer in business?
We have several members from Tx, they may have more current info.

Mark
"Gettin' better all the time" Beatles

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 02:51:53 PM »
I called Lisanti since they are not far from where I live, and they are in business. However, upon speaking with a sales rep I was told that they do not sell at retail, for example, to individuals on a cash and carry basis.

Peter

Offline JD

• Supporting Member
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 07:48:39 PM »
I called Lisanti since they are not far from where I live, and they are in business. However, upon speaking with a sales rep I was told that they do not sell at retail, for example, to individuals on a cash and carry basis.

Peter

That's unfortunate. Thanks for giving them a call though. If any business owners are willing to experiment please post your results!
Josh