Author Topic: Newbie posting  (Read 263 times)

Offline redox

Newbie posting
« on: January 17, 2013, 03:29:04 PM »
Hi, everyone! My name is Jay and as the chain pizzerias keep taking over here in Toledo, Iíve been trying to make a decent pie at home. Vitoís is probably the best chain in town (Inky's Italian Food is the best independent restaurant) and the one I call when Iím too pressed for time (or lazy) to make a pizza at home. After I found a really good pizza dough at food.com (formerly recipezaar.com) and I found I could make a good pizza from scratch in an hour or a bit less I decided the time has come for me to step up my game and try to make really good pizzas. Iíve lurked around the site for some time and have already gotten some great tips from reading the forum. Thanks to all for that.

Offline mkevenson

• Lifetime Member
  • Roos! Protector of Fowl
Re: Newbie posting
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 07:39:17 PM »
Redox, Welcome to the forum! What is the difference to you in a GOOD pizza, and a REALLY GOOD pizza?

Sounds like you are on the right tract in that you are making your own dough and adding your own toppings.
What is the next step for you?

Mark
"Gettin' better all the time" Beatles

Offline redox

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 10:53:12 PM »
I guess to me, a good pizza is one I make that I really enjoy. One that as I'm eating it, I think, ''Wow, this is good!'' A really good pizza is one that I get at a terrific pizza place that makes me say, ''Wow! This is great! I wish I could make this at home.'' I already prefer my pizza to Dominos or Papa Johns but Vitos makes some pies that I like. And there's a family owned shop called Inky's that makes a pizza with a unique multi-layered almost pastry like crust that is amazing. I don't think I'll be able to duplicate that.

Offline mkevenson

• Lifetime Member
  • Roos! Protector of Fowl
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2013, 12:22:37 AM »
I guess to me, a good pizza is one I make that I really enjoy. One that as I'm eating it, I think, ''Wow, this is good!'' A really good pizza is one that I get at a terrific pizza place that makes me say, ''Wow! This is great! I wish I could make this at home.'' I already prefer my pizza to Dominos or Papa Johns but Vitos makes some pies that I like. And there's a family owned shop called Inky's that makes a pizza with a unique multi-layered almost pastry like crust that is amazing. I don't think I'll be able to duplicate that.

All things are possible once you know the recipe and method. There are experts here to help you on your way. I have never experienced the pies you describe but I bet there is someone here who has. Knowledge abounds in numbers.

If you want more specific help in developing a clone, I might suggest you post a specific question in either general pizza making forum or a forum that describes the pies you want to make.

Great to have new members who are as enthusiastic as you are.
Stick around and learn all you can and then teach .

Mark
"Gettin' better all the time" Beatles

pizzapan