Author Topic: Excited to be here.  (Read 153 times)

Offline danjones75

Excited to be here.
« on: January 20, 2013, 11:57:27 AM »
My name is Dan and I've been making pizza for 20 years. I just love it. Bought an existing pizzeria back in 1998. Ran it for two years. Used the previous owners recipes. They were alright. Thinking I might want to try it again someday, but with my recipes. So I've been messing around with different formulas to try and come up with what I think is the perfect dough, sausage, and sauce. I'm from west suburban Chicago and my 2 benchmarks would have to be Lou's for deep dish and Falco's for thin. Yes, 2 different doughs and sauces. My old place used the same dough and sauce for both types of pizza. Not really a great idea.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 07:50:47 PM by danjones75 »

Offline mkevenson

• Lifetime Member
  • Roos! Protector of Fowl
Re: Excited to be here.
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013, 08:27:56 PM »
Dan,welcome to the forum. I am curious, do you change your dough formulation in the home setting from what you used in the shop?

What dough recipe are you now considering for a potential return to the pizzeria?

Mark
"Gettin' better all the time" Beatles

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
Re: Excited to be here.
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2013, 09:52:23 PM »
Welcome aboard Dan. I grew up waay out West in Aurora. Have you ever eaten at any of the mom & pop joints out there? Hope we can help you find what you are looking for.
Bob
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

pizzapan