Author Topic: Soon to be new Dad: Looking for wisdom  (Read 2498 times)

Offline grathan

Re: Soon to be new Dad: Looking for wisdom
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2013, 07:03:44 PM »
I've got 3 now ages 2-16. This last one really was the toughest, with each kid the amount of free time disappeared exponentially. One thing I didn't know about with the first 2 was the Family Medical Leave Act. This last one I was able to take a month off of work (unpaid) to care for my wife with pastpartum depression and also was able to take 6 month's off bonding time with my son up to a year after birth.

Offline mitchjg

• Supporting Member
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2013, 07:32:08 PM »
No time like the present - start saving money.  There will be many bills, especially college (or whatever they choose or can do).

Offline DNA Dan

« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2013, 12:20:34 PM »
Congratulations to you both. It's a wonderful time in your lives.

All good advice. I think the best advice I ever received was simply this:

"Be there."

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2013, 11:40:59 AM »
I just had daughter #2 last wednesday.   One thing I can say for sure is its WAY easier the 2nd time through when you know what to expect!   Mom and I cruised through this first week and a half.   The good news is that your body definitely gets used to no sleep. 

I miss my time on the forum (I think I was right behind pete-zza on post counts until my first daughter was born) and now I dont even get to read 10% of what is here, let alone post anything, but there is definitely nothing in life as rewarding as a child!   

Offline patnugent

« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2013, 02:50:07 PM »
Have fun with it.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFSrbFbgkvU&amp;list=UU9S8D3ud7a003miLzDvNq5A&amp;index=2" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFSrbFbgkvU&amp;list=UU9S8D3ud7a003miLzDvNq5A&amp;index=2</a>