Author Topic: Gino's East Fan now living in Southern California  (Read 246 times)

Offline YesIam

Gino's East Fan now living in Southern California
« on: January 21, 2013, 07:14:03 PM »
Hi my name is Mary and I am a big Gino's East FANatic! My husband grew up on the south side of Chicago eating thin crust Italian sausage pizza and I grew up in California eating "California Pizza Kitchen" pizza. Together we spent 18 years living in the western suburbs of Chicago where I discovered Gino's and fell in love with deep dish pizza. I also occasionally like some of his thin Italian sausage pizza. Another of my favorites is from the original Pizzeria Uno the close to the rock-n-roll McDonald's.

10 years ago we relocated to Southern California and we have NEVER found anything even remotely close to our favorites. Going back to CPK just doesn't cut it anymore.

Now that I've found this group I hope to be able to make both my husbands favorite Chicago thin crust as well as a Gino's East style crust and deep dish with crumbled sausage! 

Looking forward to enjoying great pizza from my oven.

Offline mp233069

Re: Gino's East Fan now living in Southern California
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 11:20:39 PM »
Welcome, new member here also. A couple of weeks ago I bought a pizza oven and finally fired it up over the weekend. We all had good time making a couple of pizzas, learned alot, pizzas tasted great. Lots more to learn and pizzas will only get better, I hope.