Author Topic: Looking for mobile WFO advice  (Read 1364 times)

Offline Mephisto

Looking for mobile WFO advice
« on: January 24, 2013, 02:51:28 PM »
Hello all,

I'm looking for advice on a mobile WFO. A little background: I'm starting a mobile wood fired operation in the Los Angeles area. My business plan is mostly together, I've got investors waiting, recipes, some experience, and I hope to trial launch this summer. I say trial because I don't plan to quit my "day job" until next year at the earliest.

I am a DIYer, but I don't really have time to fabricate a trailer/oven setup in my time-frame, and I want something that is going to last and not cost me time in repairs/re-engineering. The setup I am looking at as the Concessionaire by Fire Within WFOs. I hear good things about the Forno Bravo oven, but I'm wondering about oven durability on the road. BTW the base model Concessionaire runs around $16k. 

Any other ideas? Any input is appreciated.

link: http://mobilewoodfiredpizzaovens.com/mobile-pizza-ovens/wood-fire-oven-catalog/concessionaire/

>:D Ken

Offline weemis

• My Pizza Web Blog
Re: Looking for mobile WFO advice
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 03:50:02 PM »
I question the validity of the stated 45 minute heat-up, but that looks like a pretty nice setup. Built in jacks, built in prep cooler, convenient tool holders. These things I wish I had, but do without. I also spent about $10,000 less for my setup.

Be sure you understand the legal requirements of your health department. You'll likely need 3 compartment/handwash sinks. There's also the commissary requirement to check about. Open up communication with the Health Deprtment and know exactly what you're required to have before moving forward.

I don't know much about the oven specifically.
Nick Gore - just a dough eyed wanderer

Offline pabsey

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 04:26:55 PM »
I have a Forno Bravo on a trailer and have had great success with it.

Offline breadstoneovens

• Vendor
    • Bread Stone Ovens
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2013, 10:10:48 PM »
Hi Ken,

I think John from flirting with fire, JConk007, has a Forno Bravo, you may to check with him.

I know the FB oven have only a 1 year warranty and would recommend you get an oven with at least 2 to 3 years.
You also want to make sure the oven is braced to the trailer so it doesn't shift while on a the road.

Antoine
WFO cooking is about passion.

Offline RMWFO

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2013, 01:12:13 PM »
Hi Ken,

Weemis is right: first thing to do is to talk with your health department people. You want them to become your friends. And LA codes are the thoughest in this country. They might want you to be enclosed (enclosed trailer or truck).

As for the trailer/oven: Your cost with The FW will be close to $20K in the end (I know what they do pretty well...). Their trailers are very good but putting a FB oven on it is like having a Chevy engine in a Ferrari. That's why their ovens are only 1 year guaranteed. What happens after that if you ovens gets cracks from the road? FW choose FB because they get a lot of business from them, especially from their highly visited forum. Also FB ovens are cheaper so FW can mark up a lot.
I have 8 years of wood-fire pizza catering experience (France and US) and I choose the French Four Grand Mere ovens for the trailers we build. They are great, reliable ovens and many pizza trucks in France have them for more than 15 years with no problems.

Feel free to check our website: http://www.rockymountainwoodfireovens.com/ for more info and don't hesitate to call me (Seb: 720-840-8056). I will be very happy to help you with your project.
Note also that we provide financing if you need and free training on pizza catering business!

Sincerly,

Seb

Hello all,

I'm looking for advice on a mobile WFO. A little background: I'm starting a mobile wood fired operation in the Los Angeles area. My business plan is mostly together, I've got investors waiting, recipes, some experience, and I hope to trial launch this summer. I say trial because I don't plan to quit my "day job" until next year at the earliest.

I am a DIYer, but I don't really have time to fabricate a trailer/oven setup in my time-frame, and I want something that is going to last and not cost me time in repairs/re-engineering. The setup I am looking at as the Concessionaire by Fire Within WFOs. I hear good things about the Forno Bravo oven, but I'm wondering about oven durability on the road. BTW the base model Concessionaire runs around $16k. 

Any other ideas? Any input is appreciated.

link: http://mobilewoodfiredpizzaovens.com/mobile-pizza-ovens/wood-fire-oven-catalog/concessionaire/

>:D Ken

Offline mobilepizza

• Vendor
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2014, 04:28:02 PM »
Also try www.mobilepizzatrailer.com

They use DiFiore Brick ovens from Italy, and the company has been creating trucks and trailers with wood fired ovens mounted to them for years.