Author Topic: Hello from AZ  (Read 153 times)

Offline Tracydr

Hello from AZ
« on: January 26, 2013, 04:02:17 PM »
Hi, I'm Tracy. I've been baking bread for about 2.5 years. Nearly all whole grains. I've only made a few pizzas, which I've been mostly disappointed with. Pizzas are something I need to work on, since they're one if my favorite foods. I like most kinds, especially cracker crusts and Neapolitan. I also have fond memories of Chicago Pizza on the Boulder Mall when I was a teenager, back in the late 70s/early 80s.
There's a great pizza chain that I enjoy around here, The Magic Mushroom, seriously, lol! Great crust and toppings.
I just got a new mixer, an Electrolux DLX that I, itching to use. I grind all my own grain in a Nutrimill which I love. I rarely use white flour anymore, unless I really have to have it, although I find its not needed for much, now that I'm getting more skilled at using whole grains. I also enjoy using sourdough starters, which I need more practice at.
Anyway, hoping to learn how to make my own great pizza. Maybe with whole grains and a good dark beer for the liquid. And interesting veggies on top? Seafood and artichokes, chard, lots of mushrooms, garlic?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 05:27:53 PM by Tracydr »