And the dough:
I've started experimenting with using a poolish in an effort to get more flavor. I've also increased the salt and sugar from my previous recipe (1.0% -> 1.5% and 1.0% -> 2.0%, respectively).
For the poolish, I took 100g each of KABF and water, and combined that with a little more than half of the IDY called for in my recipe, which works out to approximately 1/6 teaspoon (if anyone has a good way to accurately measure small quantities of yeast, I'm open for suggestions!) The poolish was allowed to ferment overnight for 10 hours.
When the poolish was ready, I mixed together most of the flour, and all of the remaining water for my recipe, and autolyzed for 30 minutes. Then, I added the poolish, salt, sugar, and additional yeast. This results in a fairly batter-like dough, that I kneaded with a hook for about 2 minutes. Then I added oil (2%), kneaded for 3 more minutes, added the reserved flour to tighten up the dough to more of a ball, and kneaded for approximately 5 minutes more. Overall hydration was about 63%. The resulting dough was divided into 3 individual balls, and put in the fridge.
4 days later, I made the first two pies (photos attached). Dough was allowed to sit at room temp for about two hours before baking. The dough was very supple and extensible. Flavor was excellent - very happy with that, but the oven spring left a little to be desired. Bottom of the pies was nice and crisp. Overall, I was pretty happy.
I decided to let the 3rd ball age a bit more...