Author Topic: Trying new flour Moilno di Borso S. Dalmazzo  (Read 248 times)

Offline scrappleking

Trying new flour Moilno di Borso S. Dalmazzo
« on: January 28, 2013, 09:39:51 AM »
Hello ,
    I have have been experimenting with making pizzas for an little while now and I looking to start using an superior flour so I just purchased an bag labeled Molino di Borso S.Dalmazzo farina do grano tenero tipo 00 . Does anyone have experience using this particular flour or recommend an recipe that I should try.
   Thanx in advance  Ali

Offline dellavecchia

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
Re: Trying new flour Moilno di Borso S. Dalmazzo
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 09:50:38 AM »
Hello ,
    I have have been experimenting with making pizzas for an little while now and I looking to start using an superior flour so I just purchased an bag labeled Molino di Borso S.Dalmazzo farina do grano tenero tipo 00 . Does anyone have experience using this particular flour or recommend an recipe that I should try.
   Thanx in advance  Ali

I can't find any specs on their website, but the flour is definitely for Neapolitan pizza cooked in a WFO:

http://www.molino-borgo.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=96&Itemid=97

If you have a WFO, then I would try a hydration of 62% to start, 2.8% salt, and .5% fresh yeast. Mix for around 6 minutes and see if you get a good smooth dough. Ball and ferment for at least 8 hours at room temp, or until the balls double.

If you do not have a WFO, then I would try one of the recipes in the NY style section using some oil and sugar in the dough.

John
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 11:36:21 AM by dellavecchia »

Offline scrappleking

Re: Trying new flour Moilno di Borso S. Dalmazzo
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 10:22:01 AM »
Hi John ,
     Thank you for your speedy reply. I am guessing that WFO means wood fired oven ..correct ? Well although I dont have an wood fired oven right now I have been getting good results using an special piece of high temperature shelving made of silicon carbide in both an enclosed outdoor grill and even an regular kitchen electric oven heated to approximately 500 degrees.I did not have much luck with an ceramic pizza stone for some reason mine cracked immediately the first time I used it even though I followed direction for its proper use so I resorted to using an piece of industrial shelving I some how inherited from an foundry.It is really quite excellent for heat transfer and retention .It is about 1 " thick and very dense yet some what porous like an clay brick and virtually indestructible.I am quite pleased with its performance! I think I will try your recipe and I will try and post some photos if it turns out well.Thank you for your suggestions.
   Ali

pizzapan