Author Topic: Introducing ... Me!!!  (Read 473 times)

Offline BoTrojan

Introducing ... Me!!!
« on: January 29, 2013, 02:02:39 PM »
Hello all,

I'm a new member to the forum.  I'm a passionate pizza and bread maker ... never stop trying to learn new things and get better at it.  I've spent a good bit of time in Italy, learning from my relatives who operate a charming pizzeria/ristorante near Caserta.  My goal, always, is to try my best to replicate their bread and pizza here in Western Pennsylvania, where I live.  I have a Millars F3 wood-fired oven, which I've had a LOT of success with.  Sorry ... there is no way to make authentic pizza napoletana unless you make it in a wood-fired oven.  Stone is best, but the Millars F3 is performing wonderfully. 

I look forward to engaging and learning from the group.

Buona pizza!!!

BoTrojan

PS:  I'm a graduate of the University of Southern California ... hence the handle!

Offline mkevenson

• Lifetime Member
  • Roos! Protector of Fowl
Re: Introducing ... Me!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 03:33:47 PM »
Bo, welcome to the forum. It amazes me every day the wealth of pizza experience that comes here. I guess it makes sense. Hope you can share some of what you know in the pizza world. Would love to see your oven and some pies!

Mark
"Gettin' better all the time" Beatles

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 03:38:46 PM »
What do the bottoms of your pies look like with the metal bars running down the middle of the deck of the F3?
I love pigs. They convert vegetables into bacon.

Offline BoTrojan

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 03:43:10 PM »
@Craig.  That's a great question about the F3.  Amazingly enough, those bars don't affect the bottoms of my pizzas at all.  One of the reasons for this is that, of course, you're constantly turning the pizza with your pizza peel.  Second ... and believe me, I've checked this over and over again ... the bars are exactly the same temperature as the brick floor.  I had a big concern about that before I bought the oven, but Todd Millar promised me I wouldn't notice it ... and he was right.

Offline BoTrojan

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 04:09:41 PM »
@Mark.  I tried to attach a picture of my particular oven, but the file is too large.  Here are the stock pictures:

http://www.millarswoodovens.com/wood-ovens/product/view/1/1

There's another thread somewhere else on the site in which the F3 was being attacked by people that haven't used it.  I researched a LOT of non-masonry, portable pizza ovens and settled on this one.  I've been delighted with the performance.  It's as advertised.  That said, I'm sure there are other good ones out there. 

Offline mkevenson

• Lifetime Member
  • Roos! Protector of Fowl
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 07:57:00 PM »
@Mark.  I tried to attach a picture of my particular oven, but the file is too large.  Here are the stock pictures:

http://www.millarswoodovens.com/wood-ovens/product/view/1/1

There's another thread somewhere else on the site in which the F3 was being attacked by people that haven't used it.  I researched a LOT of non-masonry, portable pizza ovens and settled on this one.  I've been delighted with the performance.  It's as advertised.  That said, I'm sure there are other good ones out there. 

Nice looking oven! Thanks. You have to resize your pics to fit here. Do a search here on pic resizing or google. I can't remember the one I use on my PC but will let you know when I get home. It is easy!!!!!
"Gettin' better all the time" Beatles

Offline Ev

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2013, 12:22:46 AM »
Welcome to the forum, Bo......if you're still here, that is. ::)

pizzapan