Author Topic: New Member  (Read 199 times)

Offline Snowwhite832

« on: January 29, 2013, 02:15:58 PM »
Hey I've been reading thru and getting tons of info from this great site!
Wish I knew it about it awhile ago.  My name is Sandy and stationed here Hawaii
with my family, at Joint Base Pearl Harbor Hickam (they combined pearl with hickam
a few years ago only if that sounds weird )  Been making Pizza's at home for about 19 years,
and calzones as well.  Started out by , our first duty station North Dakota, and not being able
to find decent pizza. or in germany, etc etc...also it was more cost effective then, we were
so broke all the time :o) ... there is a place on the island that has a great pizza, it's pricey and with
traffic problems, can take an hour to get to.  Got a list of things I am ordering, san marzan tomato's, grandi
cheese ..thanks for letting me join, much more to read before I start asking questions as the info may
aleady be here , someplace.

Offline mkevenson

• Lifetime Member
  • Roos! Protector of Fowl
Re: New Member
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 03:24:29 PM »
Sandy, welcome to the forum. Sounds like with your years of pizza making experience you could be doing the teaching.
Hope you find what you need and share with the rest of us a bit of your knowledge.

Mark
"Gettin' better all the time" Beatles

Offline Snowwhite832

Re: New Member
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 03:48:50 PM »
Sandy, welcome to the forum. Sounds like with your years of pizza making experience you could be doing the teaching.
Hope you find what you need and share with the rest of us a bit of your knowledge.

Mark

no no no Mark..I so wish. Maybe years of experience but just always making the same boring basic dough,
for one thing.  (from some old betty crocker cb) can't remember which one as I've been eyeballing it for years.
and using canned pasta sauce, and kraft shredded cheese? ha ha ha!  boy after a few hours on here reading post
do I feel dumb.  But, excited and enthusiastic about this endeavor being something I can be proud of and have a lot
of fun doing as well. I don't even have a mixer. KA or otherwise. I just always kneaded, let rest, rise, knead, rest, rise
and push it out. Today ...I shall attempt to use my husbands ninja dough setting and a recipe from here today.
Have two orders in. cheese and the san marzano but ...eh, even messing with dough will be an improvement,
This girl wants to be ready when I get my tasty new special ingredients and not waste them up.  thanks again!