Author Topic: Our First Pizza Class  (Read 490 times)

Offline bradtri

Our First Pizza Class
« on: June 03, 2013, 07:01:56 PM »
With several friends always asking for the pizza "recipe" and knowing that there was so much more to it than ingredients, we decided to host a "Pizza Class" at our house and give people a soup to nuts of the entire pizza process.  It went well, other than me forgetting to take the block of mozzarella out of the freezer and shred it prior to the class.  I was quite happy with how well folks picked up the dough stretching technique as everyone turned out a real nice skin.

We charged $10/person just to cover costs and give my boys a small profit for helping teach the class.  Folks got to take home my 62% hydration recipe with detailed instructions for technique and their own dough ball for trying out at home.

Here's a few pics:

Offline mkevenson

• Lifetime Member
  • Roos! Protector of Fowl
Re: Our First Pizza Class
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 07:11:03 PM »
Looks like everyone had fun, they are all smiles!!!!!!!!!!!

Good job.

Mark
"Gettin' better all the time" Beatles

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 07:25:57 PM »
Where's the beef?!!  Pizza pics...  :)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 07:27:42 PM by Chicago Bob »
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline bradtri

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2013, 08:22:44 PM »
I agree Bob ... I was way too busy keeping everyone making pizzas and my camera person somehow didn't take any pics of the "Class Projects"...

The pizzas turned out good, although my timing was a bit off and the stone got up to 740F before we got the first pizza on.  So, we had some faster than normal cooks!!

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2013, 09:18:05 PM »
I agree Bob ... I was way too busy keeping everyone making pizzas and my camera person somehow didn't take any pics of the "Class Projects"...

The pizzas turned out good, although my timing was a bit off and the stone got up to 740F before we got the first pizza on.  So, we had some faster than normal cooks!!
Oh well; at least it looks like ya'll had great fun and that's the important part.   8)
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

pizzapan