Author Topic: Jim from KC  (Read 234 times)

Offline jb64

Jim from KC
« on: February 01, 2013, 01:00:02 AM »
Hello everyone, I am Jim and I live in the Kansas City area.  My interests include fishing, smoking cigars, and drinking whisk(e)y.  I also love cooking outdoors, I have a stick burning  offset smoker that is hot almost every weekend when the weather is decent.  I have been thinking about building a wood fired oven and while researching that idea I stumbled upon this forum.  I feel I am a good home cook but have had problems working with yeast doughs.  I look forward to learning the techniques the members on this forum use to create the awesome looking pies I have been seeing.  Hopefully I will be able to document and share my own experiences as I make my attempt to master the art of pizza making.
Jim

Offline csafranek

Re: Jim from KC
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 06:15:33 AM »
Welcome I am from kc area too! You will learn a ton here!

Offline The Dough Doctor

• Tom Lehmann
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 09:02:30 AM »
Welcome Jim, I'm only 140-miles or so west of you in Manhattan.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

Offline jb64

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2013, 02:31:53 AM »
Welcome I am from kc area too! You will learn a ton here!

I have a lot to learn and after spending time reading through many threads in this forum I feel I am in the right place.

Welcome Jim, I'm only 140-miles or so west of you in Manhattan.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

I have been to the Little Apple a few times to watch my Tigers play the Wildcats.  Great town, I have been enjoying reading your posts on this forum.  I really appreciate the time you and the other experts on here devote to sharing knowledge to help people like myself in our quest to master the art of pizza making.
Jim