Author Topic: From the nobody could be this stupid so you must just be greedy department  (Read 593 times)

Offline TXCraig1

"Katie Simpson bought frozen pizzas about five times in the past year, including a California Pizza Kitchen Personal Pizza Barbeque Chicken and the same maker’s Crispy Thin Crust Pizza Signature Pepperoni.

But when she learned they contained trans fat—an ingredient linked to heart disease, diabetes and cancer—she felt as if she were sold poison.

That’s the argument being made in a $5 million federal class-action lawsuit that claims Nestle—makers of DiGiorno, Stouffer’s and California Pizza Kitchen frozen pizzas —is “placing profits over public health” by failing to remove trans fat."

http://lamesa.patch.com/articles/mom-s-5-million-lawsuit-targets-toxic-frozen-pizzas-sold-at-local-store#pdf-13179899

You mean to tell me that frozen pizza isn't healthy? Who knew Homer had another daughter? Whatever would we do without people saving us from the "toxic carcinogens" (as they are referred to in the suit) that are clearly disclosed on the FDA mandated Nutritional Analysis on the back of the box.

Why aren't lawyers that take cases like this summarily disbarred?

« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 10:53:02 AM by TXCraig1 »
Pizza is not bread.

Offline bfguilford

• Lifetime Member
Re: From the nobody could be this stupid so you must just be greedy department
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 10:42:26 AM »
I agree, Craig, although you may be underestimating the stupid factor! Homer should be proud of Katie, although I'm surprised that she isn't also suing her school system for not teaching her how to read... and the grocery store for carrying the product... and the bag boy who helped her take her stuff to her car... and (nuff said). Disbarment is probably too light a penalty for the lawyers who chase these suits, "placing profits over common sense."

Barry
Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Offline JimmyG

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 11:38:08 AM »
...bought frozen pizzas about five times in the past year...
...$5 million federal class-action lawsuit...

$5 million a pizza... you gotta be kidding me with this stuff.  I went over to the California kitchen website and only one of three different varieties of frozen BBQ Chicken pizzas are made with partially hydrogenated oil–the "small pizza". http://www.cpkfrozen.com/flavors.html
Food labels exist for a reason, best to check them out before you make your purchase.

Jim

Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought.

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 04:26:00 PM »
Katie's attorney is probably here unemployed(lawyer ???) cousin Eddie.  ;D
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline Jeep Pizza

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2013, 08:15:54 PM »
Idiots......our world is full of them and they breed.  >:(
Time is money, money is power, power is pizza and pizza is knowledge.