Author Topic: MONDAKO & POWER Flour at AMAZON  (Read 1706 times)

Offline Lydia

• Viddler
MONDAKO & POWER Flour at AMAZON
« on: February 01, 2013, 02:40:37 PM »
If you are a prime member, 2 day shipping is free! Totally worth it.

Mondako Bleached Flour 50 Lb
Sold by Pendleton Flour Mills and Fulfilled by Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AIRSYHQ/?tag=pizzamaking-20

Power Unbleached Flour
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AIR5LT0/?tag=pizzamaking-20
The roundest knight at King Arthur's round table was Sir Cumference.They say he acquired his size from eating too much pi.

Offline scott123

Re: MONDAKO & POWER Flour at AMAZON
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 04:31:20 PM »
Lydia is it possible that the prices have changed since you posted the link?

If they haven't, then I think 'worth it' is in the eyes of the beholder  ;D $60 for a $20 bag of flour is pretty steep. Even if one of the members here had issues finding good flour in their area, just about any bakery or pizzeria would gladly take $40 for a $20 bag.

Offline Lydia

• Viddler
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 06:20:20 PM »
Wow..$20?  :o

I'm thrilled when I can get it locally for $45-50 without shipping. For an online purchase $60 has been pretty average but then I have to add shipping.  :(

Thanks though... now I'm motivated to keep looking for less expensive sources.
The roundest knight at King Arthur's round table was Sir Cumference.They say he acquired his size from eating too much pi.

Offline scott123

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 07:36:20 PM »
Lydia, I must confess that I'm looking at it through the eyes of a NYer, where all 50# bags of flour are in the sub $20 realm. Perhaps flour pricing isn't national and things are different on the West Coast.

Are you anywhere near San Fran?  You might want to talk with Mike (Essen1) and see where he got his Pendleton flour from and how much he paid for it.

Offline Lydia

• Viddler
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2013, 07:47:52 PM »
Thanks Scott

I'll keep that in mind.

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2013, 07:55:27 PM »
Lydia, I must confess that I'm looking at it through the eyes of a NYer, where all 50# bags of flour are in the sub $20 realm. Perhaps flour pricing isn't national and things are different on the West Coast.

Are you anywhere near San Fran?  You might want to talk with Mike (Essen1) and see where he got his Pendleton flour from and how much he paid for it.
Those are "boy in the bubble " prices dude...stuff is pricy out here for us commoners man!  :-D   :chef:
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2013, 07:58:48 PM »
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0043LJFVW/?tag=pizzamaking-20
Plus $35.95 shipping....what the.... :o

Offline deb415611

• Supporting Member
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2013, 08:00:19 PM »
Those are "boy in the bubble " prices dude...stuff is pricy out here for us commoners man!  :-D   :chef:

I paid $21 for a bag of Spring King a few weeks ago in CT and I have  bought 50lb bags of King Arthur flours right at King Arthur in VT  for $20something

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2013, 08:05:59 PM »

I paid $21 for a bag of Spring King a few weeks ago in CT and I have  bought 50lb bags of King Arthur flours right at King Arthur in VT  for $20something
That's great Deb....you do not want to know how much it costs to get some of that VT pepperoni mailed out.  ;)
Strike that...you're a sharp gal...you probably already know. I'm just saying...things can get expensive when one is not close to the well.

Offline deb415611

• Supporting Member
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2013, 08:16:31 PM »
That's great Deb....you do not want to know how much it costs to get some of that VT pepperoni mailed out.  ;)
Strike that...you're a sharp gal...you probably already know. I'm just saying...things can get expensive when one is not close to the well.

I have purchased King Arthur Flour in CT for less than $20 but it was a few years ago so it's probably now in the $20something range also.  

I'm not close to the Spring King well,  I think progressive flours is out of MN.  What I was trying to say is that there are companies out there that sell to the "commoners".  

Lydia - check with the restaurant suppliers near you, the ones around here do not advertise it but will sell to the public.  They don't have retail sections or display areas,  I just tell them what I want and I have to pay cash.  One that I go to has a online product list, the other jsut a printed one.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 08:19:10 PM by deb415611 »

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2013, 08:30:49 PM »
Thanks Deb...not trying to start a price war.... ;D

NC is a black hole as far as approaching food service distributors...and it gets worse if you go inquiring at your local favorite pizza shop. I was just posting up how expensive it can get going through Amazon,etc. retailers.
Bob

Offline Lydia

• Viddler
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2013, 09:00:39 PM »
 Yep, nothin' like that look  :o like your asking for their first born or some dangerous explosives  :-D

Offline scott123

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2013, 11:01:32 PM »
One other thing Lydia (and Bob ;) ) If you google 'bakery supplies in yourtown' 99% of what will come will be bakery equipment, but if you wade through them and use the map search to move outward from your location, you might find a source for wholesale flour.

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2013, 11:22:26 PM »
One other thing Lydia (and Bob ;) ) If you google 'bakery supplies in yourtown' 99% of what will come will be bakery equipment, but if you wade through them and use the map search to move outward from your location, you might find a source for wholesale flour.
Thank you Scotty....

Offline caymus

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2013, 05:22:55 PM »
I paid $21 for a bag of Spring King a few weeks ago in CT and I have  bought 50lb bags of King Arthur flours right at King Arthur in VT  for $20something
Deb could you name your CT source?  I live in Western Mass and visit most parts of CT.

Thanks
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 08:41:58 PM by Steve »

Offline deb415611

• Supporting Member
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2013, 06:28:02 PM »

I paid $21 for a bag of Spring King a few weeks ago in CT and I have  bought 50lb bags of King Arthur flours right at King Arthur in VT  for $20something

Deb could you name your CT source?  I live in Western Mass and visit most parts of CT.

Thanks

I have two places that I buy from , both in Southington/Cheshire area (they are a few miles from each other) right off exit 28/Route 84 and pretty close to 691

The Spring King came from :
A Fiorillo
396 Clark Street
Milldale, CT 06467  (you might need to put Southington in gps  - it's a street that crosses route 322)
they don't have a website and are pretty small, they are a bakery supplier,  I only found them through the Spring King website, they don't come up in a google search

I used to buy King Arthur Sir Lancelot & KA Bread flour here but I think they only have KAAP now, they have other brands
they have an online product list
http://www.napolifoodsinc.com/

Either place I would call before going

Offline zymurgymaster

• A.lpha S.ausage S.upreme
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2013, 06:53:32 PM »
Deb,

A Fiorillo is my goto place for flour.  Great prices, a little dated, and as you said, very small but very nice people.

Offline deb415611

• Supporting Member
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2013, 06:56:36 PM »
Deb,

A Fiorillo is my goto place for flour.  Great prices, a little dated, and as you said, very small but very nice people.

dated,  that's the word I needed,  I think the office is right out of the 50's

Offline cnkymnky

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2013, 07:36:18 PM »
I buy the Mondako Power High Gluten at Resteraunt depot for $16 and change in 50 pound bags