Author Topic: Bufalatte (Italian buffalo mozzarella made in the USA) launches on kickstarter  (Read 1706 times)

Offline Bufalatte

Bufalatte has finalised our process to produce true Italian buffalo mozzarella in the USA by using the best Italian milk from the best Italian dairies and making the buffalo mozzarella fresh here in the USA. We just launched a kickstarter.com campaign that tells our story and is looking for some help.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/239235260/italian-buffalo-mozzarella-made-in-the-usa

Can you help me to get the word out?  Any and all help is appreciated.

Thanks again!

Richard Eberle

Offline jeffereynelson

Seems like a neat idea, good luck. If you need more traditional forms of financing let me know, however it appears to me its more of an advertising campaign then a true need for funds.

Offline Bufalatte

Hi Jefferey,

Many thanks for the good wishes.  I can reassure you the need for funding is real!

Richard Eberle

Offline jeff v

• I'm Valentino not Varasano :)
    • Pizzeria Valentino
Hi Jefferey,

Many thanks for the good wishes.  I can reassure you the need for funding is real!

Richard Eberle

That was thing #273 I learned when starting a business. Plan, plan,execute...find more money and time, execute.
Back to being a civilian pizza maker only.

Offline TXCraig1

That was thing #273 I learned when starting a business. Plan, plan,execute...find more money and time, execute.

Same here. For the first three years, my #1 task was raising capital. For the next 5 years, is was my #2 task.
Pizza is not bread.

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
Richard,
This sounds very interesting to me. If you don't mind would you be kind enough to indicate what this cheese will retail at. Your kickstart contributor discount @ $8 lb. seems generous enough but I am truly interested in the potential this product may have. Thanks.
Bob
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline Bufalatte

Hello Bob,

Bufalatte will be selling into distributors and retailers and as such will not have control over final retail pricing.  To be honest I would be a little uncomfortable discussing commercial pricing strategies in a public forum but we are working very hard to deliver a better buffalo mozzarella at a better price in order to get more people into our favorite cheese.

Happy to discuss any other questions/interest you may have.

Richard

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
Hello Bob,

Bufalatte will be selling into distributors and retailers and as such will not have control over final retail pricing.  To be honest I would be a little uncomfortable discussing commercial pricing strategies in a public forum but we are working very hard to deliver a better buffalo mozzarella at a better price in order to get more people into our favorite cheese.

Happy to discuss any other questions/interest you may have.

Richard
Thank you Richard. Would you mind expounding on the benefits buffalo milk/cheese has on those that are lactose intolerant? I, personally  do not suffer from this malady but from what I gleaned at your web info this could possibly be a great aspect of the product, no?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 08:07:55 PM by Chicago Bob »
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline Bufalatte

Mozzarella di Bufala and cow milk mozzarella are two very different products, made from two different animals. Water buffalo milk is rich in flora and in particular to some strains of lactobacilli, almost absent in cow's milk, and protein that is at a higher level than that of cow. While fat content is higher at an average of 8-9% compared to 3%, calories are only slightly more. It is easy to digest with no carbohydrates and almost absent of lactose and low in cholesterol.

I hope this helps.  We do feel this is another terrific characteristic of buffalo mozzarella and one more reason to get Bufalatte out to market!