Yeah I think it's boiling down to my excitement to try this out. I'm pretty confident that I have the starter fully activated as it poofs right up at every feeding, including tonight. I decided to prep the dough that TXCraig posted tonight and give it a fairly long bulk ferment. I have pretty limited experience making dough much less making one with a starter...this is my first. Regardless of how it turns out I've had fun trying and that has merit.
So, I prepped the dough using 725g of KABF. I've never worked with a dough that has this much water in it, plus the moisture in the starter. While kneading I added some flour to take away a little of the stickiness though the final dough still felt a bit stickier than what I'm used to but I didn't want to futz with the recipe Craig gave me too much since I have no idea what it should feel like. Still, it's shaggy beginnings came together into a nice smooth dough after 8-10 minutes with a couple 15 minute rests. I lightly oiled a large bowl, coated the dough and covered in plastic loosely. I set a cover over that but did not seal the bowl. I placed the bowl of dough on our porch which tends to be around 65F during the winter here. We keep the house at 70F so either way its in the range that Craig specified for the bulk ferment. It's been fermenting for roughly 4.5 hours and I'm going to try and attach a pic of that. The dough seems to have flattened out a bit and has a very slight rise to it. I'm hoping that it will work out but I'm prepared for a flop on this one. It does have a very nice odor, mellow and pretty yummy IMO.
I will continue to update this post with progress and more pics as I get through this first rise. Hopefully when I ball them tomorrow ill have some good news. Tanks for all the help!