Author Topic: Premium ingredient trading  (Read 4850 times)

Offline pizzaboyfan

• Supporting Member
Re: Premium ingredient trading
« Reply #60 on: February 07, 2013, 04:27:48 PM »
We purchased two male Siberian cats on different occasions.
These cats are pure bred, and have  specific DNA characteristics that are unique to the breed.
The breeders of these animals follow strict guidelines to preserve the genetic heritage.
Part of the purchase agreement was that we would have the cats neutered and we agreed not allow them to breed.

Offline scott123

« Reply #61 on: February 07, 2013, 05:05:35 PM »
I look at buisness like a sport, I'm going to do whatever I need to do to win within the rules no matter how it affects my opponents.

What I'm trying to say is that the 'rules' of business are ethics, not laws.

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #62 on: February 07, 2013, 05:14:50 PM »
Iíve yet to meet the person who is only unethical in one part of his life. Trust is a fragile thing. Customers see how you operate. So do your teammates.
Pizza is not bread.

Offline Tdavis

« Reply #63 on: February 07, 2013, 05:28:25 PM »
Your exactly right and that's why I could pick up my phone and call anyone of my former teammates for help. They will do anything they can to help me, and vice versa. They're all 'ride or die' with me. I have amazing relationships with a lot of people.

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #64 on: February 07, 2013, 05:56:21 PM »
I think the distinction is a little more fundamental. In the simplest terms, morality is about principles that guide good choices. Ethics is about reasoning that guide good choices.

There is a philosophical puzzle that asks if you would divert a train with failing brakes that would otherwise kill 5 people stuck on the track to a different track knowing that doing so would only kill one person who happened to be on the other track? Most people would. However, what if there was no alternate track but you could stop the train from hitting the 5 people by using your car to push the car (and the driver) in front of you into the path of the train knowing that man would certainly die but the five would live. Would you do that? If not, why? Aren't both the same - sacrificing one to save five? What if the guy in the car ahead of you was your brother? What if you knew he was a single father with 7 kids? What if you knew the guy in the car in front of you was a terrorist responsible for sabotaging the brakes on the train that was about to kill the five people?

If you only have morals to work with, you would have to apply them consistently. You must always sacrifice one to save five. Period. It is ethics that allows you to make reasoned choices, to override your moral principles when the situation demands.

In this scenario, what would the word be to describe someone who feels they can't do anything? Whether it's their brother or the terrorist in the car ahead....one just doesn't want to manipulate such dangerous life bearing decisions, feels it is in the hands of their higher power...I know this is "faith". But in the context of morals/ethics, I'm just wondering where this fits.
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline Tscarborough

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Pizza Anarchy
« Reply #65 on: February 07, 2013, 06:06:59 PM »
I can pick up the phone and call my competitors and they will help.  That is the difference.

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #66 on: February 07, 2013, 06:15:35 PM »
In this scenario, what would the word be to describe someone who feels they can't do anything? Whether it's their brother or the terrorist in the car ahead....one just doesn't want to manipulate such dangerous life bearing decisions, feels it is in the hands of their higher power...I know this is "faith". But in the context of morals/ethics, I'm just wondering where this fits.

IMO, such a person is probably trying to hide their inability to make a decision and/or act on it. Faith does not require you to sit by watch things happen.
Pizza is not bread.

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #67 on: February 07, 2013, 06:16:13 PM »
I can pick up the phone and call my competitors and they will help.  That is the difference.
+1...and that my friend is a thing of beauty Tom.

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #68 on: February 07, 2013, 06:22:47 PM »
IMO, such a person is probably trying to hide their inability to make a decision and/or act on it. Faith does not require you to sit by watch things happen.
Well, if I knew the terrorist was in the car ahead of me I would not hesitate(and don't care if somebody don't like that)....but I'm not giving my brother up for no one. I hope that doesn't make me a bad person...if it does then that's tuff. :)
Thanks for answering my question, I knew you would have a good answer and I was just curious.

Offline Tdavis

« Reply #69 on: February 07, 2013, 07:17:17 PM »
 I can call other people that do the same line of work as I do and they will help and have helped me. I was responding to someone saying that if I acted, what they consider unethical in sports, that my teammates would see that. Which they did see how I acted, they know me inside and out, and they love me for life. Again, my  "unethical" thoughts were on a hypethical situation that I've never been in. It's silly to make assumptions about someone off of a couple paragraphs they wrote in response to a hypothetical situation.

Offline jeffereynelson

« Reply #70 on: February 08, 2013, 05:55:20 AM »
The reason the US is becoming so over regulated is because of people who don't use ethics to make decisions. Because of these types of people, the government steps in and makes bad ethical decisions illegal.

For example, I work in the car business as a finance manager. It used to be when someone purchased a car, the dealership could write a contract at any APR and then make the difference between the bank's APR and customer's APR. So say you get a very sweet old lady with perfect credit and bank buys the loan at 1.9% but you convince her the best she qualifies for is 19.9%. Now you make 18% interest on the deal. Is it ethical to do that to a customer? Nope. Yet many dealers were doing that to people, and that is why the car business got such a bad wrap. This was plain out unethical behavior. Now guess what has happened since? The legal limit on deals is now a 2.5% difference between bank rate and customer rate. The government had to step in and make laws to protect consumers because apparently we as humans can't be trusted to decent. I am all for a fair profit, I am just not for stealing because there is now law in place yet that doesn't say I can't.

Offline henkverhaar

« Reply #71 on: February 08, 2013, 09:00:25 AM »
Just found another outfit offering Ischia and Camaldoli starters:

http://www.culturesforhealth.com/camaldoli-italian-sourdough-starter.html

FWIW...

Offline JD

• Supporting Member
« Reply #72 on: February 08, 2013, 09:17:43 AM »
Just found another outfit offering Ischia and Camaldoli starters:

http://www.culturesforhealth.com/camaldoli-italian-sourdough-starter.html

FWIW...

This is who I purchased my Ischia from, except it was offered on Amazon (but no longer is). I guess they are still selling afterall.
Josh