Author Topic: Paul from Connecticut  (Read 532 times)

Offline PaulieB

Paul from Connecticut
« on: February 07, 2013, 09:43:54 PM »
Hello, I live in New Haven County in Connecticut. We have (or at least I consider) some of the best pizza in the country here. From the legendary Pepe's & Sally's of Wooster Street and let's not forget "The Spot" right next door to Modern Pizza right down the road. All of which are brick oven and delicious! A few years ago I purchased a kit and built a 36 inch outdoor pizza oven in my yard. It has provided us with some of the best pizza and fun family times we have ever had. In the summer we are always entertaining and all is done by the brick oven and the smell of mouth watering pizzas and a frosty beverages. I have recently started my new project, a mobile wood fired oven, I will be building it all from scratch and I have already begun. I formed and poured my own dome just last week, I hope to scour this forum for any ideas and tips to make my project go smoother. If you have any advice please feel free to contact me, thank you in advance...
Paul

Offline polishpizza

• New Haven Style Thin Crust Mobile Pizza - We Bring The Party To You, Not Just The Pizza!
Re: Paul from Connecticut
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 06:48:09 AM »
Welcome Paul, I'm kind of in the same boat but don't have an oven yet.  Looking into the mobile side.  This forum is an incredibly helpful place.  I live in Milford.
Polack trying to make pizza

Online Serpentelli

• Supporting Member
    • Bat Man vs. The Penguin
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 09:48:18 AM »
Paul,

Welcome from a relative newcomer. As a matter of observation:

Over the past few months I have come to realize that the more you put INTO this forum, the more you get out. The level of knowledge, experience, and general GOODWILL on this forum is unlike any other I have ever visited. People are very generous with the sharing of knowledge, but the more specific you can be with your requests for knowledge the better the return advice will be.

Pictures seem to go over very well. Whether they are of your mobile WFO project, or your end product, you will always find willing subjects to critique and comment.

The pouring of your own dome, for instance, is something that I have NOT seen discussed on this forum since joining last summer. I for one would LOVE to see pics of this, and details on how you came up with your forms/mold, etc.

Anyhow, WELCOME!

Hopefully see you up at Frank Pepe's or one of the others on my way up to Boston for summer vacation!

John
I'm not wearing hockey pads!

Offline PaulieB

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2013, 04:24:12 PM »
Sorry I took so long to post a reply, here in ct we got hammered with snow last week and because of my job I was working crazy hours.  I promise to post pics of my mobile project and my home oven, once I figure out how to do so. It keeps saying my files are too big. I can't figure out how to make them smaller on mybipad going to have to switch everything to my computer.  We took the forms off of our pour and it looks great! Will post pics soon. Need trailer advice for anyone who wants to throw something out there.
Paul

Offline mkevenson

• Lifetime Member
  • Roos! Protector of Fowl
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2013, 04:41:26 PM »
Sorry I took so long to post a reply, here in ct we got hammered with snow last week and because of my job I was working crazy hours.  I promise to post pics of my mobile project and my home oven, once I figure out how to do so. It keeps saying my files are too big. I can't figure out how to make them smaller on mybipad going to have to switch everything to my computer.  We took the forms off of our pour and it looks great! Will post pics soon. Need trailer advice for anyone who wants to throw something out there.
Paul
Paul, I use an ipad and there is a resizing app in the apple store that works well and is easy. I am not at home with the ipad but if you can't find it in the apple store send me a PM and I will get you a link.

Mark
"Gettin' better all the time" Beatles

Offline PaulieB

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2013, 04:49:09 PM »
K thanks, I went and got one but it makes my pics very small....
It's called resizer...

Offline mkevenson

• Lifetime Member
  • Roos! Protector of Fowl
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2013, 08:41:37 PM »
K thanks, I went and got one but it makes my pics very small....
It's called resizer...

The one I use for IPad is called SIMPLE RESIZE

I use 640x480

Mark

"Gettin' better all the time" Beatles

Offline mobilepizza

• Vendor
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2014, 05:12:26 PM »
This guy in New Haven, CT builds the best mobile wood fired ovens.

www.mobilepizzatrailer.com

pizzapan