Author Topic: Your Most Embarrassing Cooking or Baking Incident  (Read 1182 times)

Offline robtfink

• I Love Pizza!
Your Most Embarrassing Cooking or Baking Incident
« on: January 04, 2006, 12:21:36 PM »
Confession is good for the soul so they they say; and so often we do show ourselves most tellingly and truly in our worst moments. As much as I admire you all, my brilliant colleagues, your estimable culinary expertise, doubtless, much more to be known personably - our fallible but lovable humanity. To initiate this thread, a sterling example of personal, recent dopiness:

I was making pizza for my mother in her rather smallish, galley-style kitchen. Although decidedly not arena for extravagance of gesture, presumptuously overconfident, the hubris-tempting theatricality of tossing the dough was irresistible - poor, pathetic, puerile pizzaiolo I.

That lofty last launch, the pizza, cartoonlike, seemingly defying gravity, remarkably not returning to hand; unnerved, upset, upwardly gazing - if not to the gods to resolve my bewilderment, the magic of modern machinery: drooping dejectedly upon the fin of the recently installed, negligibly noticed ceiling fan, the pizza sorrily swinging slowly in the wind.

Offline canadianbacon

• DoughBoy
Re: Your Most Embarrassing Cooking or Baking Incident
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2006, 12:52:29 PM »
Well since we are confessing,

A number of years ago, I was baking in the kitchen and my wife and I were talking about "The Naked Chef"
on TV.

As a prank I went into the bathrrom and took my pants off, and only in a shirt and underwear stood in the kitchen
and pretended to be "The Naked Chef" , well doesn't the darn doorbell ring, with my neighbour wanting to
talk to me.  When the doorbell rang, I ran to the bathroom near the kitchen and stayed in there until my wife
could throw me my pants.  She had to hold my neighbour at bay while I quickly threw my pants back on.

I was far from naked, but believe me, it gave some excitement to the day LOL.  Talk about being caught with your pants down ! haha.  I guess that was almost an em-bare-assing experience  ;D

Not a super story, but still funny now when we look back on it.

Mark
Pizzamaker, Rib Smoker, HomeBrewer, there's not enough time for a real job.

Offline robtfink

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2006, 04:22:54 PM »
I can see it all now, but, oi, gosh, I really don't want to see it all now! Superb!

Offline lilbuddypizza

• Cheesy dude
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2006, 08:23:46 AM »
Confession is good for the soul so they they say; and so often we do show ourselves most tellingly and truly in our worst moments. As much as I admire you all, my brilliant colleagues, your estimable culinary expertise, doubtless, much more to be known personably - our fallible but lovable humanity. To initiate this thread, a sterling example of personal, recent dopiness:

I was making pizza for my mother in her rather smallish, galley-style kitchen. Although decidedly not arena for extravagance of gesture, presumptuously overconfident, the hubris-tempting theatricality of tossing the dough was irresistible - poor, pathetic, puerile pizzaiolo I.

That lofty last launch, the pizza, cartoonlike, seemingly defying gravity, remarkably not returning to hand; unnerved, upset, upwardly gazing - if not to the gods to resolve my bewilderment, the magic of modern machinery: drooping dejectedly upon the fin of the recently installed, negligibly noticed ceiling fan, the pizza sorrily swinging slowly in the wind.

Your writing reminds me of Jean Sheppard (A Christmas Story). :)

pizzapan