Author Topic: Where to find KASL  (Read 1553 times)

Offline Gualtiero

• Someday....
Where to find KASL
« on: January 05, 2006, 07:47:04 AM »
I understand that KA's distro network is rather tight. Does anyone have any recommendation(s) for obtaining KASL in 50 lb. bags in the South Jersey/Phila Metro area?

Thx,
Walt

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: Where to find KASL
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2006, 11:22:31 AM »
Walt,

I suggest that you go to the KA professionals site at http://www.kingarthurflour.com/professional/where.php and look under Bakery Distributors and Food Service Distributors for NJ/PA to see if any of the companies listed are near you. Not all distributors and foodservice companies will sell direct to individuals but you might get lucky and find someone who will.

I did a quick check and notice that Dawn Foods is on the list for NJ/PA and also Dutch Valley. I got my 50-lb. bag from Dawn in the Dallas area but not all Dawn locations will sell to individuals on a cash-and-carry basis. Several of our members have worked through Dutch Valley to locate sources of the flour. If you call them they may be able to direct you to one of their customers who sell the flour. Or they might be able to sell to you directly. If you run into someone who has the flour but won't sell direct, I have found it helpful to ask them for a name of one of their customers who might act as an intermediary to get the flour. When I call the customer, I make it a point to tell them that you were referred to them for help by the distributor or foodservice company. I have found in my experience that people will often jump through hoops to find a source for you, especially if you are polite and thoughtful in your presentation. I also found that it helps to get across that you are a passionate pizza maker looking for a low cost supply of the KASL flour.

Peter

Offline Gualtiero

• Someday....
Re: Where to find KASL
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2006, 12:41:24 PM »
Thanks Peter, I'll give it a try...

W

pizzapan