Author Topic: Modding out my Pizza Bella: super results!  (Read 25210 times)

Offline abatardi

• It's MOOPS!
Re: Modding out my Pizza Bella: super results!
« Reply #50 on: September 17, 2007, 12:03:36 PM »
Yeah that's him he posted that not too long ago here: http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,5408.0.html

- aba
Make me a bicycle CLOWN!

Offline abatardi

• It's MOOPS!
« Reply #51 on: September 17, 2007, 12:07:05 PM »
I don't think anyone was saying Bianco is using 75% hydration...definitely not.  But I can't see him using below about 60% either.  And from what I remember the crumb was pretty open throughout.  I dunno, going back again hopefully early next year.  Of course there's not much to do in Phoenix besides die from heat and go to Bianco's.  I don't think Marco is using "ultra high hydration" either. 

- aba
Make me a bicycle CLOWN!

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
« Reply #52 on: September 17, 2007, 12:54:05 PM »
I know, just trying to help anyone figuring out hydrations from pictures.  That bubble thing used to fool me so I wanted to point it out. 

Marco's preferred dough to be used in a real neapolitan forno is really high, especially considering that a caputo dough feels the same as an american flour dough at several percentages lower.  An equivilent to the typical Da Michelle hydration using american flour would be close to 70%.

Offline toddster63

« Reply #53 on: September 19, 2007, 02:54:37 AM »
You can see the latest (and best) results from my Pizza Bella on the following thread (this is the 75% hydration with 2% salt formulation mentioned in an earlier post):

http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,5579.0.html