Author Topic: Difficulty in uploading profile pic.  (Read 785 times)

Offline chefjeff

• "So many Pizzas---so little time"
Difficulty in uploading profile pic.
« on: February 11, 2013, 01:20:30 PM »
Hi all,

Wondering if anyone might have an answer regarding my not being able to upload a pic for my profile.  I've gone to my profile and see the window where you are to "browse" and then upload a pic.  So I'm browsing, and get to the pic I want to upload.  It populates within the bar, and then I click on "change profile"....it does not appear!

Thank you for your help

Jeff

Offline Steve

• Steve Zinski
  • Administrator
    • pizzamaking.com
Re: Difficulty in uploading profile pic.
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 01:37:05 PM »
Wondering if anyone might have an answer regarding my not being able to upload a pic for my profile.  I've gone to my profile and see the window where you are to "browse" and then upload a pic.  So I'm browsing, and get to the pic I want to upload.  It populates within the bar, and then I click on "change profile"....it does not appear!

Try again and let me know if it works.
Pizzamaking.com is a member-supported public resource. Click HERE to become a Supporting Member.

Offline chefjeff

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 08:41:00 PM »
Hi Steve,

I did try again just now.... I clicked where it says "I will upload my own picture"....then I click browse.  I can pull up a pic from my computer and it seems to populate into the bar where it should.  Then I go to the bottom and click "Change profile".....some spinning going on that makes me think I'll be seeing my pic....then when the spinning stops, no pic, and the bar where I could (before) see the picture info as populated, is now empty.

Jeff

Offline Steve

• Steve Zinski
  • Administrator
    • pizzamaking.com
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 06:59:34 AM »
Sounds like the image resizer is broken. Your profile picture cannot be more than 100 pixels wide, so please manually resize it and see if that works. I'll have to look into why the reziser isn't working.
Pizzamaking.com is a member-supported public resource. Click HERE to become a Supporting Member.

Offline chefjeff

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 09:55:16 AM »
Thanks Steve.  I'll give this a try.

Offline chefjeff

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2013, 10:06:13 AM »
Hey Steve,

Thank you for your tip.  I did resize, and it looks like I'm in business!  One thing...assuming your auto resizer is still on the fritz, are you able to give me the maximum dimensions of a pic, if I manually resize?  My pic did upload, but it looks a tad smaller than others I see.  I want to maximize every bit of my pie in a pic.
Take care,
Jeff

Offline Steve

• Steve Zinski
  • Administrator
    • pizzamaking.com
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2013, 11:25:17 AM »
Hey Steve,

Thank you for your tip.  I did resize, and it looks like I'm in business!  One thing...assuming your auto resizer is still on the fritz, are you able to give me the maximum dimensions of a pic, if I manually resize?  My pic did upload, but it looks a tad smaller than others I see.  I want to maximize every bit of my pie in a pic.
Take care,
Jeff

100 pixel wide, no limit on the height.

pizzapan