Author Topic: Latest Pizzas  (Read 2439 times)

Offline wsonner

Re: Latest Pizzas
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2013, 09:57:50 PM »
Wsonner, I use cilantro a lot as a substitute for basil, I like the taste, but there is something to it that some people can not tolerate.  Cumin in pizza sauce, not so much, but definitely paprika.

I love your picture. The cilantro is almost decorative. Made three pies tonight without cumin and it made a big difference. I was even able to reduce the sugar.  (I don't like an overly sweet sauce.)  Here's one from tonight's run.  It's Canadian bacon, pepperoni, spicy hot Italian sausage, linguica, onions and green peppers.  Interestingly I tried something different with the dough. Instead of refrigerating overnight I made it this morning and let it rise for a number of hours. It was much easier to roll and cooked up very tender. 

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2013, 10:13:28 PM »
Another beauty Wes..have you been cooking all these pizza's on that pan? Do you have a crust/crumb shot?  Very nice man!  :chef:
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline wsonner

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2013, 10:24:12 PM »
Another beauty Wes..have you been cooking all these pizza's on that pan? Do you have a crust/crumb shot?  Very nice man!  :chef:

Heheh, yeah, it's not as dirty as it looks :-). I'll Take some crust shots on the next batch.  The pan is a non-stick brown pizza pan from Kohl's.  I have some regular pizza screens but they are shiny and the crust doesn't come out browned at all on those. 

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2013, 11:13:58 PM »
No no...wasn't commenting about the condition of the pan(the stuff on there is flavor'ins btw ;)). I was curious because I have a couple pans very similar to the one's in your pics and was wondering if the one in question has the small holes in it like the one seen on your first post. Your pie's are turning out really well and your thread has made me think I may need to revisit some of these old pans I have...thanks man, keep up the good work!  :chef:
Bob
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline Stapleface

« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2013, 02:18:39 PM »
Great looking pies! I'm generally not a fan of the thinner crust pizzas but that looks darn tasty.  Kind of a silly question for you, bhow do you get your pizzas so round?  I consider myself fairly schooled in making a round pie, but yours are almost perfect.  Any secrets you'd like to share? 

Offline redox

« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2013, 03:22:48 PM »
Those are really great looking pies. I wish I could get them that round, mine look more like squared circles.

pizzapan