Author Topic: Deck oven Question  (Read 547 times)

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
Deck oven Question
« on: February 07, 2013, 06:40:04 PM »
If I cook a thin crust in my home oven....on the rack no stone @ 450 true degrees in a cutter pan for 12-14min., what would a good starting trial temp. be for baking this in a properly functioning Baker's Pride, Blodgett type deck oven? Thanks.
Bob
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline mrmojo1

• Supporting Member
  • pizza sans frontières
Re: Deck oven Question
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 11:36:36 PM »
you still gonna use the pan or use a peel and cook it direct? are they stone or are they steel bottoms?  not that i know the answer at all, im just curious!  im gonna guess tho!  ill say 10-12.....i bet you're gonna have fun finding out!!!  i do 9-10min direct on a stone heated to 550, same dough in my pan, pan on the stone is about 12-13. same dough diect on floor in a  wfo   and the wfo has been  700-900f  and above sometimes during my trials and ive been 7-10mins.   i think you will have fun goin direct on the floor and checking it with a peel and spinning it around, feeling it crisp up etc.!!  you buy one?

Offline Garvey

• I wish could have pizza every day.
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 12:12:10 PM »
Perfectly functioning?

I'd guess there's no such thing.  Local conditions will always vary.

(Sorry--that's not actually helpful thinking on my part, Bob.)

Cheers,
Garvey

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2013, 12:22:30 PM »
How bout fairly evenly heating and calibrated deck oven?  ;D
 Yes in a pan on a stone deck.
If my home oven does it at 450 then I guess I'll try 400 with the deck oven. Been a long time since I played with these.
Thanks guys, trial and error should only take a pie or 2. I'm doing this long distance with a shop owner several States away. That's why I asked such a goofy question.
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"