Author Topic: Marketing Strategy for new business  (Read 920 times)

Offline gruiz

Marketing Strategy for new business
« on: February 13, 2013, 11:10:43 PM »
Hi All!

Looking to start up my first pizza restaurant within a few months and finalizing my business plan.

I am looking for some specific ideas/strategies for marketing this new restaurant.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts as I know you all are capable of providing tremendous insight!

Thanks!

Offline jeff v

• I'm Valentino not Varasano :)
    • Pizzeria Valentino
Re: Marketing Strategy for new business
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 11:34:49 PM »
Maybe you could give some info on your place, pizza, competition, budget, strenghts and goals...Stuff like that can help set a course in the right direction.
Back to being a civilian pizza maker only.

Offline jeffereynelson

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 11:48:57 PM »
Make sure your concept and your location match. Aside from that, definitely answer some of the previously asked questions to get more specific answers.

Offline gruiz

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 12:08:46 AM »
Menu- Pizza (thick crust), sandwiches,salads, appetizers, beer/wine, soft drinks

Sports themed- TVs, small bar area

family oriented/good value/casual atmosphere/kid friendly

Densely populated residential area, strong demographics (medium to high level incomes, median age 32)

competition- Round table, papa john's, within 1 mile as well as other types of food restaurants (mainly fast food)

monthly overhead estimated around $10k/month starting out

strengths- atmosphere, service- waitresses for dine in service, pizza- dough and sauce recipe of restaurant 30 years exp., value

Thanks!

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2013, 12:46:01 AM »
Why would someone eat at your place as opposed to anywhere else? What will make your place different? If they come in, why will they come back?

A snippet of an example - one of the members here just opened a place in Austin called Pieous in an old BBQ joint - he's serving pies ranging from wood fired Neapolitan pizzas made with homemade mozzarella to homemade fruit and cream pies, sandwiches made with homemade pastrami smoked on the old BBQ pits served on fresh baked homemade sourdough bread... he's only serving items that he makes there and makes better than anyone else. You go to Pieous because you can't get the food he serves anyplace else in Austin. Not to mention that he is a great guy with the passion and drive to keep the standards high.
Pizza is not bread.