Author Topic: I'm new  (Read 415 times)

Offline hardcorechef

I'm new
« on: February 14, 2013, 02:12:30 AM »
Hey guys I'm new here.  My name is Tanner and I'm from Jackson Tennessee.  I'm a chef at a country club here, but will be opening my own business soon.  I was actually wondering if anyone could help me out with any websites or any place that you can purchase larger pizza screens or pans.  28" is the largest I've found so far.  I would prefer to find a 36" to 40".  Thanks for any help and I think I'm going to enjoy this forum. 

Offline jeffereynelson

Re: I'm new
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 05:18:04 PM »
I think most of the people here would ask you why you want to make pizza using screens?

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2013, 10:20:12 PM »
I think most of the people here would ask you why you want to make pizza using screens?

I think it would be tough to make a 36 or 40" pizza without a screen or pan...
Pizza is not bread.

Offline scott123

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 11:58:42 PM »
Hopefully someone here will chime in with a source for big screens, but, if they don't, I'd give Pizza Mart in Washington, DC a call and see if they'll tell you who their supplier is. According to this page, they're using a 36" screen:

http://www.thedctraveler.com/2006/11/now-thats-a-jumbo-slice-of-pizza/

Here it is in action:

Pizza Mart (Za Lab)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 12:15:44 PM by Steve »

Offline Carpets3000

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2013, 12:08:40 AM »
Really. Is stone the better way to go? I thought about it cause I only used screens to this point.

Offline hardcorechef

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2013, 01:15:19 PM »
I've never seen anyone cook a pizza that big on a stone.  How would you remove it?  I plan on cooking most all the pizzas on a stone, it's just for the really big ones I feel it necessary to use a screen.  Thanks for the website.  I'm going to call the proprietor and hopefully he will be of help.

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2013, 02:38:25 PM »
hardcorechef,

Benny Tudino’s in Hoboken, NJ sells 32” pizzas.  I know that isn’t a 36” pizza, but I thought a 32” pizza looks large.  I don’t even know how they made those 32” pizzas.

There are 29 pictures on yelp.
http://www.yelp.com/biz/benny-tudinos-pizzeria-hoboken

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!