Author Topic: Missing My NJ Pizza Joint!  (Read 177 times)

Offline donnambishop

Missing My NJ Pizza Joint!
« on: February 14, 2013, 07:28:23 PM »
I lived in Southern NJ for all of my 47 years but we moved from Hammonton to Fort Myers, Florida in July of 2012. We left everything & everyone on a wing & a prayer that the change in location would help with my medical problems. Good News...It has! I'm off all the prescription medications I used to take and am now back to cooking like I used to do before being diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, among other problems. The weather here is unbeatable and I surely do not miss the shoveling of snow in winter. It's unreal to be able to spend Christmas in shorts and have my windows open in January & February, only needing to close them at night...haven't used heat too much down here yet and the difference in the electric bill is so huge! Over 50% less than we were paying in NJ too, even with the ac on for the whole month!

But..that's not the reason I'm here. I have been making stromboli's out of pizza dough for a long time plus using it to make panzarotti's or pizza turnovers or even pizza pockets and then freezing them to be able to simply heat & eat when time is short or a late night snack is in order. I've also discovered the "Jersey Fresh" brand of crushed tomatoes before moving here. 8 Months later and we're down to 2 cans...Thank Goodness my daughter is coming down next month and bringing another case with her!! It's the only GOOD gravy I can get that reminds me of home, where Grandmom made "gravy" from scratch...canning her own crops to be used throughout the winter. This is by far....THE BEST EVER crushed tomatoes I've had! Even compared to the San Marzano tomatoes, I'd take these over the others/other brands any day!
Missing NJ fresh pizza and missing the NJ Tomatoes fresh from our garden even more....

Much Love, Luck & Happiness to you all!

1TwistedNJLady
aka: Donna