Author Topic: Blaze Pizza  (Read 665 times)

Offline Chaze215

Blaze Pizza
« on: March 18, 2013, 07:19:54 PM »
I know they are primarily in California at the moment, but I have seen a few articles about them here in the northeast. Looks like they are looking to move into some other markets with some franchises. And I believe they do have some celebrity backers. Has anyone had their pies? Brad Kent is behind the dough formula and has a Zagat rated restaurant already. Not sure if this is significant or not. I don't know who he is but some on here might know him. Thanks in advance!
Chaz

Online tinroofrusted

• Supporting Member
  • Experimenting....
Re: Blaze Pizza
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 01:50:12 AM »
I have  been there a few times and I was  disappointed in it.  The dough is lifeless.  They smash the dough with a hydraulic press before dressing the pizza. OK for the starving college student set but this is not a pizza for an aficionado. 

Offline Chaze215

Re: Blaze Pizza
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 05:28:16 PM »
I have  been there a few times and I was  disappointed in it.  The dough is lifeless.  They smash the dough with a hydraulic press before dressing the pizza. OK for the starving college student set but this is not a pizza for an aficionado.

Mashing it with a press would make it lifeless  ;D So it is a thin and crispy pie? I was thinking it was Neapolitan, but i didnt see anywhere that that's what they serve.
Chaz