Author Topic: Recreating Pino's - Brighton, MA  (Read 6743 times)

Offline widespreadpizza

• my beer store opening in june 2011
Re: Recreating Pino's - Brighton, MA
« Reply #80 on: February 23, 2013, 12:59:57 AM »
Scott,  like Jesse Ventura once said,  bromate is a crutch for the weak minded :P  would rather go without it myself and try to make natural food.  -Marc

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #81 on: February 23, 2013, 01:13:27 AM »
Man up brothers.....he says with a high pitched squeaky voice from his death bed... :-D
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

scott123

« Reply #82 on: February 24, 2013, 09:48:34 AM »
would rather go without it myself and try to make natural food.

Bromate IS natural, Marc. It occurs all over the place in nature.  Did you have a glass of water today? Be it tap or bottled, chances are astronomical that you consumed bromate. That's how incredibly ridiculous bread based bromate fears are.

Society has very real and tangible food safety concerns to deal with- BSE, GMOs, Salmonella, E. Coli, salt in processed foods, sugar in processed foods, cured meats, grilled meats, artificial colorings- there's plenty of confirmed danger out there to keep us up at night.  But bromate? You're literally being afraid of water.  Dihydrogen Monoxide! ;D

Offline dellavecchia

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #83 on: March 27, 2013, 06:31:20 PM »
I got more even browning with 58% hydration, .5% IDY, 4% oil, 2% salt, and .5% diastatic malt. KABF with 24 hour cold rise. I don't think I have the necessary flour or equipment to clone Pino's exactly, but I am getting 6 minute bakes from my oven and the pizza tastes great.

John

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #84 on: March 27, 2013, 06:43:47 PM »
John,

Your slice looks very tasty!

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline widespreadpizza

• my beer store opening in june 2011
« Reply #85 on: March 27, 2013, 08:14:29 PM »
John,  just waiting for the wife to get home to do up some Neapolitan in my two stone. T he picture of that slice just made my stomach growl seriously.    That pizza looks fantastic! -Marc

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #86 on: March 27, 2013, 09:42:05 PM »
 ^^^
Pizza is not bread.

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #87 on: March 27, 2013, 10:48:22 PM »
John, your latest effort looks fantastic.  Compared to your previous effort, are you getting closer or further away from Pino's?

Offline Hypersprint

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #88 on: March 28, 2013, 12:05:29 PM »
John,  That looks great  :drool:  Could you help out a noob and give some details on your prep, fermentation, bake temp and bake surface.

Thanks
Rob

Offline dellavecchia

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #89 on: March 28, 2013, 12:18:54 PM »
Compared to your previous effort, are you getting closer or further away from Pino's?

Thanks everyone.

Chau - Much further away. My KA mixer cannot mix a 58% dough (it just climbs the hook), I don't have bromated flour, and quite frankly my crust has better flavor than a same day dough like Pino's.

John

Offline dellavecchia

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #90 on: March 28, 2013, 12:23:36 PM »
John,  That looks great  :drool:  Could you help out a noob and give some details on your prep, fermentation, bake temp and bake surface.

Thanks
Rob

Rob - Combine your ingredients, then mix as best as possible for 3-4 minutes in a mixer. Let rest, then stretch and fold the dough 3 times over the course of an hour. Ball, and refrigerate for at least 24 hours.

Oven was set at 500 for one hour, with a thick stone in the middle rack. Let the dough warm up for an hour. I turn on the convection fan half way through the bake, around 3.5 minutes in.

John