Author Topic: Move aside please.. I wanna play with the dough too  (Read 3568 times)

Doughdreamer

Move aside please.. I wanna play with the dough too
« on: February 09, 2004, 11:21:52 PM »
Hi Everybody!

I just found out about this site, and since my life is one  pizza after another, thought I might hang around a while.

I am the asst. mgr. of a local pizza restaurant and have never had a job that was even close as far as fun and enthusiasm and diversity as this one.

Although I work for a franchise.. one might think that we produce only what we promote.. however.. behind the scenes, it's not unusual to find any of our preppers back at the table creating and experimenting. You'd be surprised what we come up with and discover.

Hoping to get to know several of you on here and exchange thoughts, ideas, and tips.

Offline Randy

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza, a great Lycopene source
Re:Move aside please.. I wanna play with the dough too
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2004, 06:17:53 AM »
New ideas are always a good idea.
Which pizza store do you work for?
Welcome
Randy
« Last Edit: February 10, 2004, 06:20:28 AM by Randy »

Doughdreamer

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2004, 05:16:49 PM »
Thanks Randy!

Well, might as well come clean now... ya know that new girl on here, Humanbarbietable??? ;)
Not only am I her boss, but I am also her mom. We work together at the Pizza Ranch here.   :D

I am the asst. mgr. and she is our permanent opener/day person.

Hope you guys can handle us both on here! We promise to behave!

Doughdreamer

Offline DKM

• Lifetime Member
  • Chicago - Now that's Pizza!
    • The Emperor.net
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2004, 05:28:36 PM »
Exciting :D

A family of pizza workers.

Hope both of you can share some stories.

DKM
I'm on too many of these boards

Offline Randy

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza, a great Lycopene source
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2004, 05:55:54 PM »
How about that!
Throw in when you want it should keep it interesting.

Randy

Doughdreamer

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2004, 09:33:12 PM »
Oh boy could we share stories!

But.. that's not all.... my youngest son also works there with us... and........
my oldest son works for the Pizza Ranch in the town where he goes to college at!  It's a great company, no doubt.

"Barbie", as we call her at work, and I spend hours in what we call our Pizza Ranch Cronicles!

It becomes quite interesting when mom turns into friend into co-worker (she actually got me my job there) and then boss.

I wouldn't doubt our favorite topic here will be the skillet dough. Skillet is our chain's deep-er dish pizza.  Many stores have gone to frozen discs for skillet, but we continue to mix it and weigh it, roll it, and raise it.. It has become a competition in our store to out-do Barbie's skillet dough.. although I think mine does surpass hers.. (ok ok.. I give Barbie.. your's is the best) ;)
It's really a developed art.

humanbarbietable

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2004, 04:37:10 PM »
Well great!! Now they all know that I am related to you!! Shoot!! UGGG!! LOL ...don't worry everyone yes I do love my mom. Geez...I just love how she just calls me Barbie out of no where...she is the only one that calls me Barbie there..lol She's been working way too much..getting into that flour again mom?? LOL..JK.
Yes we have the cronicles...and man..there are many..and are they very interesting. LOL. We also have a nice list that has things that we all know and love at the Ranch. lol ...Quite the list isn't it mom?? LOL.
And yes she is correct I do make the best skillet dough there!! What is so funny about that is when I first started making it..I did a horrible job at it that my boss at the time wouldn't want me to make it..LOL Now I make it all the time! But anyway...we have a great time there. We just might have to get ya story on on here sometime.HEHEHE.
Ohhh and what's even better is that my bf works for the Pizza Hut where he lives so it is very interesting seeing the different things we know about pizza.
[/glow]

Offline Pierre

• Someone say "PIZZA !!"?
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2004, 04:47:30 PM »

I wouldn't doubt our favorite topic here will be the skillet dough. Skillet is our chain's deep-er dish pizza.

The chain you work for bakes and serves Pizza in a skillet or deep frying pan.

Would you be able to show a picture of the pizza you serve there?

It would be interesting to see how the pizza looks in texture and crust.

Pierre

Doughdreamer

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2004, 05:13:59 PM »
sure.. no problem.. will see what I can do tonight.. leaving as I send this!

cheese out!

Offline Pierre

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2004, 07:06:28 PM »
havn't heard from you or your daughter in a while....too busy?

Doughdreamer

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2004, 10:54:30 AM »
Hi Pierre,

Yes..well... busy would be a way to put it!
Actually.. work has been extremely busy and both the human Barbie and I have been putting in overtime hours.  Not to mention everyday life at home (my son is home on spring break)

At any rate, I have stopped in a couple of times and read posts. I hvaen't been able to scan a pic yet, but to answer your question:

Our skillet dough is made in a deep dish pizza pan.. Skillet is more a referral to our chain name than to the pizza itself.
It actually looks very similar to the photo posted by you of your pan pizza..and similar to the ones posted the other day by someone else.. and I do apologize.. I cannot for the life of me remember who that was so I can give credit to them.

Anyway, once again, it's off to work for me.. I have some time off coming soon, so maybe then I'll be able to get those pics on here.
Until then.. enjoy!

Offline Pierre

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2004, 03:46:34 PM »
well, glad to hear that you both are still with the forum, when you can put up some posts and or pictures.....

Pierre

Pizza Problems

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2004, 10:03:24 PM »
Hey, I'm new here and new to the joy of cooking pizza at home. I tried to make pizza at home twice so far and.......its a no go. The crust was always...how do i put it....cruddy. It tastes like I made the crust out of mud. Please can someone tell me how to get a nice soft crust like the ones at the pizza stores. thanks. :)

Offline DKM

• Lifetime Member
  • Chicago - Now that's Pizza!
    • The Emperor.net
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2004, 10:19:51 PM »
Hello and Welcome to the board.

My first suggestion is go back read some of the other post and check the recipes on this sight.  A lot of them can beat the pizzas found in some pizza shops.

Without knowing what kind of crust your making some basic issues are:

type of flour being used
type of Oil being used
how it is proofed
oven temp

Well you get the picture.

Also if you have the means, I would pick up the book American Pie and jump straight to the recipes.

DKM
I'm on too many of these boards

Pizza Problems

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2004, 05:58:16 PM »
Hey, thanks alot DKM. I'll do that and pick up that book. Thanks again.

humanbarbietable

« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2004, 05:51:26 PM »
Hey Pierre-- Just thought I would drop on in for a bit. Yeah...dough and I have been working our butts off at work. We have had huge orders go out a lot lately so that means that her and I both are always working those days that the big ones go out..Imagine that! LOL Our boss looks to us a lot,so of course gotta be there for him. We are hard workers...LOL..WE NEED A BREAK! hahaha. Well thought I would just jet in and say hi..hope your having a good week. It's beautiful here in South Dakota..so trying to the enjoy the weather when I can.Well gotta fly...catch ya all later! ;D
« Last Edit: March 24, 2004, 06:00:47 PM by humanbarbietable »

pizzapan