Author Topic: New Member  (Read 112 times)

Offline Kevo2000

« on: February 20, 2013, 01:14:34 PM »
Hi All,
      My name is Kevin,I live in Yonkers,New York(just north of New york City,for those of you not from around here)I am a culinary school grad,and have worked in an Italian restaurant/pizzeria,now defunct .They made decent though unremarkable pizzas.I'm not currently employed,and am more than toying with the idea of starting up a mobile wood-fired oven/ catering biz.All of the best Pizzas,I've ever enjoyed have had in common a nicely charred,crispy crust,though with a slight chew.I have experimented with making pizzas directly on a charcoal grill,and have liked the results a lot,though it is a little tricky timing wise.Anyway that's where I'm coming from.I'm looking forward to learning a lot through this forum,and sharing whatever my experiences teach me with the community.

Offline 3.14 Guy

• THIS GUY loves great pizza!
Re: New Member
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 07:25:59 PM »
Welcome!  I haven't been here that much although I think it's been a couple of years.  I find the info here INVALUABLE!  Good luck on your endeavor!

I too have been thinking of a mobile operation (food truck) and my first love is pizza so that would be something I'd love.  Financially I doubt I'll be able to do it for some time, so I'll live vicariously through folks like you :)  Keep us posted on how it goes!
Making great pizza, outstanding beer and fantastic BBQ.  This is my passion!

pizzapan