Author Topic: Fratellino Mozzarell???? Anyone know of it??  (Read 1216 times)

Offline Jackitup

Fratellino Mozzarell???? Anyone know of it??
« on: February 21, 2013, 11:12:46 PM »
Bought a 9.5 lb chunk today at RD. Anyone tried or heard of it? I Googled it and find nothing. It's a low moisture whole milk mozzarella and for 1.94/lb I figured what the hell, how bad can it be. Curious to see how it cooks up

jon
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”            -Mark Twain

Offline TXCraig1

• Craig's Neapolitan Garage
Re: Fratellino Mozzarell???? Anyone know of it??
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 12:05:53 AM »
I figured what the hell, how bad can it be.

I thought the same thing about some fresh mozz I bought a Costco a while back. Turns out it could be pretty bad. I hope yours turns out better.
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, commercial yeast when we must, but always great pizza."
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline Jackitup

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 12:14:46 AM »
 ??? I can always use it in something. On the other hand, I did just try s piece of the Double Gloucester-Style Cheese and it was VERY good!!
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”            -Mark Twain

Offline Jackitup

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2013, 02:12:00 AM »
Just a follow-up on this cheese. I finally got around to test driving this stuff and I am VERY happy with it!! And since it was about 10 pounds happy I don't have to give it away too :P This cheese is very creamy, a slight, nice funkiness to it and still had some nice stretch to it too, without being rubbery. It is one of the better mozzarellas I've used actually. I hope they still have it in stock the next time I need some. If anyone runs across this Fratellino mozz, give it a try and let me know what you think. I have found it top notch for my tastes.

jon

pizzapan