Author Topic: Greetings to all  (Read 225 times)

Offline Yeller

Greetings to all
« on: February 22, 2013, 11:21:07 AM »
Been here for a long time so thought I may join in. Grew up on Shakey's and Me N Eds, moved to Columbus, OH and had the occasional Donato's and now reside in Phoenix where we have Grimaldis and Oreganos Pizza.  I am a certified BBQ judge with the Kansas City BBQ Society (KCBS) and do occasion BBQ Comps but have been a pizza lover since the day I was born. I cook pizza at home on a Kamado Cooker that can reach temps of 600+ which makes it fun to try all kinds of styles.  Till then...

I hope to give back some here.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 11:22:48 AM by Yeller »

Offline Bill/SFNM

• Lifetime Member
Re: Greetings to all
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 11:28:44 AM »
Welcome, Yeller. You will find a lot of kindred spirits here who love cooking with fire, be it "low and slow" or "high and fast".

Is it possible to talk about Phoenix pizza joints and not mention Bianco's?  ???

Offline Yeller

Re: Greetings to all
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 03:24:38 PM »
Bianco's is on my list. Spinato's in Tempe is good, actually they have a very good gluten free crust. I did make it to La Piazza Al Forno in Glendale (as seen on tv) and had I think the worst pizza I have had. I ordered the Margherita and I think it fell on the floor. Absolute FAIL. What's funny is they were recently certified VPN.. Hey keep trying huh..

pizzapan