Author Topic: Newspaper article:two guys take the pizza biz leap in CT  (Read 958 times)

Online apizza

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
Newspaper article:two guys take the pizza biz leap in CT
« on: February 22, 2013, 03:14:22 PM »
This article was in my local paper and I enjoy reading about those who decide to open a new pizza place. Knowing how the economy is, I wish them well. Middletown CT is slowly becoming a restaurant town, so I think they have a great chance.

http://www.courant.com/entertainment/restaurants/a-la-carte/hc-krust-middletown-alacarte-20130221,0,812355.story?page=1

If you go through the pictures at #6 , in the background, is a picture of their woodburning oven.
Marty

Offline TXCraig1

Re: Newspaper article:two guys take the pizza biz leap in CT
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 03:22:18 PM »
I like the pizza and bourbon idea. Two of my favorites for sure and not bad together - not quite pizza and wine  ;D, but not a bad alternative. Looks like a FB Napoli oven.
Pizza is not bread.

Offline dellavecchia

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 03:41:07 PM »
Looks like a FB Napoli oven.

It sure is.

Looks like a place I would frequent regularly. Anyone ever try a Black Manhattan? Two oz. bourbon (I use Willett) and one oz. Averna. Shaken with ice - straight up.

John

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2013, 03:55:20 PM »
I've never tried Averna. Looks like I'll be buying a bottle soon...
Pizza is not bread.

Offline deb415611

• Supporting Member
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2013, 06:33:24 PM »
thanks Marty.  I'm going to have to try that place.  I wish I had known last weekend I was very close to there

Offline deb415611

• Supporting Member
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2013, 11:43:54 AM »
going to try to get here tonight,  based on reviews, pictures and articles I"m not expecting much..... it might be my faulty memory but the oven temps seem to come down every newspaper article I read and the one from this week was 600-800.  I figure at the very least I'll get a good drink.   From the last picture I saw it almost looks like the oven area is blocked off by plywood walls  ???,  hopefully my thoughts and pictures later.

http://middletownpress.com/articles/2013/02/26/news/doc512d52e19d0ff296320548.txt

pizzapan