Author Topic: Reinhart New York Style Pizza Dough..........very easy!!!  (Read 34282 times)

Offline kramer73

Re: Reinhart New York Style Pizza Dough..........very easy!!!
« Reply #140 on: July 10, 2012, 01:43:08 AM »
Read the 1st post in this thread.  The original poster tells you exactly what he did.

See here:
http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,13442.msg133211.html#msg133211

Have fun!

oh geez.  Is there a face palm smiley?

Thanks!

Offline dwighttsharpe

« Reply #141 on: July 10, 2012, 08:14:48 AM »
Same dough different day

This dough was refrigerated about 48 hours...it was reballed 5 hours prior to baking, and was taken out of refrigeration to warm up 90 minutes prior to bake.  We had some tender asparagus spears available so it was time for a breakfast pizza!  The pizza was simply amazing!  It was a little less crisp, a little more bready, alot more tender, and was very tasty!!!

John

This breakfast pizza looks so good. Besides the asparagus, exactly what are all the other toppings are on it? Thanks.

Coincidentally, Reinhart's Country and Classic doughs(from pizzaquest) are also my favorites, as of recently. I find myself coming back to them time and again. I never go over 71% hydration for the classic though. It is wet and slack enough as it is, much less the classic's 75% hydration.
Dwight

Offline kramer73

« Reply #142 on: July 10, 2012, 07:47:18 PM »
Thanks for the link!  I'll try not to let the fame go to my head. ;) ;D

I made a hybrid dough yesterday.  I will let it cold ferment for two days, which means, I'll be using the dough tomorrow evening.  Going to reball about 12 hours prior to baking, just like last time (it seemed to work well).  I'll post my results, along with some pics.  The dough recipe I used is below.  The only change I made to my Lehmann dough is that I increased the salt, IDY, and OO amounts just slightly, and added a little honey.  It is primarily with the honey and OO that I am trying to reach a middle ground between the Lehmann and PR doughs, since I believe those ingredients account for the biggest flavor/texture differences between those doughs.

16 Pizza
Flour (100%): 11.5 oz (11.25 oz KABF, .25 VWG)
Water (67%): 7.7 oz
IDY (.75%): .10 oz
Salt (1.75%): .20 oz
Olive Oil (4%): .45 oz
Honey (2.5%): .30 oz

Total dough weight: 20.25 oz

alright, I made this today using all of the above ingredients.  The dough was still really sticky after the 3 min med speed mix.

My total dough weight was 19.30 oz, but that extra ounce was stuck on my fingers, lol.  I put it in the fridge, so we'll see what happens next.  I probably won't be using this dough until Thursday noon, so it is a bit of a deviation/experiment on my part  :D

Offline fazzari

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #143 on: July 10, 2012, 10:47:01 PM »
This breakfast pizza looks so good. Besides the asparagus, exactly what are all the other toppings are on it? Thanks.

Coincidentally, Reinhart's Country and Classic doughs(from pizzaquest) are also my favorites, as of recently. I find myself coming back to them time and again. I never go over 71% hydration for the classic though. It is wet and slack enough as it is, much less the classic's 75% hydration.
Dwight
When I make a breakfast pizza, I simply beat up 1 egg and add whatever I have that would be good on an omelet.  Most of the time I add chopped onion, chopped green pepper, mushroom, chopped ham, romano cheese and a 1 cup of mozzarella.  Make sure the mixture is not too runny, and simply top your pizza with the mixture.
John

Offline jsaras

• Supporting Member
« Reply #144 on: July 28, 2012, 11:12:03 AM »
I tried this recipe last night using some Kamut brand khorosan wheat flour that was graciously donated to me by Chris at Slicetruck Pizzeria in Los Angeles.  The dough had a day in the fridge, stretch & fold/reballed 4 hours before baking and brought out of the fridge an hour before shaping.  I used 62.22% hydration, but it's clear that this flour can take more without any concerns. 

I used a Lodge cast iron pizza pan preheated at 550 for an hour.  Although the bottom looks burned, it wasn't at all.  Perhaps the result of the high amount of oil?  I place the cheese on first, then all the other toppings. No "gummy" layer!

This was one of the best tasting crusts I've made; crisp on the bottom and a nice buttery/earthy flavor.  I think that the main thing I've learned with this experiment is that all flours do not taste the same.
Things have never been more like today than they are right now.

Offline mc_79

« Reply #145 on: September 24, 2012, 02:01:44 AM »
I just made a batch of this recipe to compare to my current recipe.  I have been using the Varasano style, but with my lower heat oven (550), it was suggested to me to try a crust more like this (oil and sugar added).  I followed everything on his pizzaquest site but did add a final rest of 15 minutes after all the mixing and after it was in 1 large ball, then i cut into smaller balls and placed in the fridge.  The GOOD news is that this is the first dough I have ever been able to window pane successfully (after final 15 minute rest).  I am so anxious to taste this dough and think it will turn out great.  I used KA Bread flour and lukewarm dasani water (microwaved to 90deg) and my final dough temp was 84deg at the hook. I made it in a KitchenAid mixer with the spiral dough hook.

I ended up with 2 - 430g balls (which i hope to stretch to 15-16" each) and also 1 - 240g ball that I plan to taste myself in the next day or two so I know how they taste before feeding them to the family.  Pictures to follow..

Offline dwighttsharpe

« Reply #146 on: September 24, 2012, 06:09:42 AM »
Dwight
When I make a breakfast pizza, I simply beat up 1 egg and add whatever I have that would be good on an omelet.  Most of the time I add chopped onion, chopped green pepper, mushroom, chopped ham, romano cheese and a 1 cup of mozzarella.  Make sure the mixture is not too runny, and simply top your pizza with the mixture.
John

Don't know how I missed this but, a belated thank you.
Dwight

Offline fazzari

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #147 on: September 24, 2012, 10:15:40 PM »
Don't know how I missed this but, a belated thank you.

No Prob.......breakfast pizzas continue to be one of our favorite things to eat, especially in the morn.

JOhn

Offline Morgan

« Reply #148 on: March 02, 2013, 01:30:57 PM »
How come this thread was forgotten ? I just have to take this dough for a spin next week.

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #149 on: March 02, 2013, 02:24:11 PM »
How come this thread was forgotten ?

Morgan,

One of the things I have learned over the years is that threads that are not fed regularly tend to go into remission. There are some exceptions to this, with a good example being the Lehmann thread at http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,576.0.html. That thread has little activity but people look at it anyway, to the point where it is the top thread on the forum in terms of page views, and has been for years. A good current example of a thread that is fed regularly is Omid's thread at http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,14506.msg144646.html#msg144646. It is just about at 100 pages.

Peter