Wasn't completely happy with my pies last night... Crumb was nice and soft and tender and open, but I didn't get quite the char I was going for. I'm not sure why but the upskirt wasn't charring as well as it did last time. I think maybe I didn't drain as much water off the crushed tomatoes as I usually do and it made the sauce a bit wetter. The sauceless pie got quite liberal char on the bottom. Hmm...
Also, not sure if it was something to do with the dough or just me, but the dough balls seemed a bit harder to stretch out to full size.
Oh well, it is still definitely a learning process. My friend thought the pizza was amazing, and found it amusing that I just picked it apart to find all the flaws.
Bake times were ~1:50, but I think they could have done well with another 15 seconds or so. Pizzas were: Margherita; Mozz, anchovies, olives, basil; and Paulie Gee's "Cherry Jones" (no picture) (mozz, gorgonzola, dried cherries. Proscuitto and honey post bake.) The dried cherries I had weren't very moist and I was worried about them just turning hard under the broiler so I plumped them up by soaking them in a bit of red wine for a couple of hours. It was a really nice touch.
I think next time I'm going to try working out a 2 day (40 - 48h) dough formula instead of my usual 1 day. My reasons are that I'd like to see how it affects the flavour profile with the starter, I think a 20 - 24h dough ball proof will make them very easy to open, and the "window" of ideal fermentation level would be longer, so there would be more consistency from first pizza to last.