Author Topic: Detroit Style Pizza Company Pan  (Read 362 times)

Offline brianb10

Detroit Style Pizza Company Pan
« on: December 27, 2014, 07:03:15 PM »
This is not an attempt to call anyone out, I understandably have not heard back from my email to DSPC with it being a holiday so I just wanted to see if anyone here can help sooner.

I ordered a pan from Detroit Style Pizza Co and after receiving it I promptly tried to cook me a pie.  I followed all the directions (except baking old dough several times) with regards to pan prep.  I baked  my pizza (which turned out wonderful BTW) and had little to no sticking except some of the cheese up the sides.  I then followed the directions for cleaning and used only a plastic dough scraper on the stubborn spots.  The pan started to flake horribly and I assume its the seasoning.  I emailed the company to see if this is normal and included this pic of my pan.  There were no directions on how to re-season, if this is indeed just the seasoning coming off.  My question is can the pan be used again and what if anything do I need to do to bring it back?  I am sure the flaking is not normal but does it affect the pan and it's ability to not stick?  I did see an earlier thread that sounded like it was a similar problem but the link in that thread on re-seasoning the pan would not open on my computer (probably user error)

Thanks in advance.

Offline TXCraig1

• Craig's Neapolitan Garage
Re: Detroit Style Pizza Company Pan
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2014, 07:53:46 PM »
I wouldn't worry about it. You can re-season if you like, but I doubt it's really necessary. I think it will take care of itself after a few bakes. I usually scrape mine out with a metal spatula, rinse them with hot water, and throw them back in the hot oven and let the oven and pans cool together -  and that's it. There is a bit of build-up on the sides, and my pies don't stick.
Pizza is not bread. Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline Stalden

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Detroit Style Pizza Company Pan
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2015, 11:17:22 AM »
Mine did the same thing brianb 10.....I just reseasoned them on my gas grill with peanut oil....I got three of them.  I also have a Floydpan non stick Detroit pan....those work good too...only have to apply little oil....sticking is no issue so far, I used it 2 times so far.....plus you can wash those with mild soapy water.

pizzapan