Author Topic: Rest Depot 00 flour  (Read 1446 times)

Offline csafranek

Rest Depot 00 flour
« on: February 24, 2013, 07:40:25 PM »
So I was out of Caputo so I used rest depot 00 flour. I am not impressed. Worst pizzas I have made by far. Anyone in Kansas City Missouri with a Caputo hook up???

Offline csafranek

Re: Rest Depot 00 flour
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 10:09:20 PM »
Has anyone else had success with this flour in a WFO doing Neapolitan Style pizzas?

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 12:19:57 AM »
I did ! and worked well ! I liked it  Search rest depot 00 no fun from iPad
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 03:19:09 PM »
Yeah... Love that flour!    Id say its 95% the quality of caputo pizzeria.   Try adjusting your hydrations and proofing times.    good luck!   

Offline mkevenson

• Lifetime Member
  • Roos! Protector of Fowl
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 03:45:48 PM »
So I was out of Caputo so I used rest depot 00 flour. I am not impressed. Worst pizzas I have made by far. Anyone in Kansas City Missouri with a Caputo hook up???

I get mine at Whole Foods: perhaps your stores carry it?

« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 03:48:57 PM by mkevenson »
"Gettin' better all the time" Beatles

Offline csafranek

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2013, 05:12:08 PM »
Thank you very much for the suggestion, but it looks as if Whole Foods no longer carries Caputo around me... bummer...  Oh well I contacted a local pizza place here that uses Caputo and asked if I could by a 50lbs bag from him.  I am still waiting for his call back.  Wish me luck!

Offline mkevenson

• Lifetime Member
  • Roos! Protector of Fowl
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2013, 05:30:11 PM »
Thank you very much for the suggestion, but it looks as if Whole Foods no longer carries Caputo around me... bummer...  Oh well I contacted a local pizza place here that uses Caputo and asked if I could by a 50lbs bag from him.  I am still waiting for his call back.  Wish me luck!

Good Luck! I have 2 whole foods near me.( When I looked up WF near you there appears also to be two.) The ones near me, one store used to carry the Caputo in a 2 lb red bag, the other didn't. Now that store carries none and the other store only stocks the bulk Caputo Pizzeria flour. Just sayin' unless you go look you may not know the truth. The one that carries the bulk, when I asked they didn't even know they had it.
Funny!

Mark
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 05:32:35 PM by mkevenson »
"Gettin' better all the time" Beatles

Offline csafranek

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2013, 09:46:01 PM »
Lol! Yeah when I called the both said hey used to carry it but no longer do now. I may have to run by sometime and check. Well the guy called me back from the restaurant about the 55lbs bag. He will give me a bag for $60. I know that he is making good money off me but that is still much cheaper than amazon. I still have one more guy to contact. What do you all think?

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2013, 09:54:26 PM »
$50 is fair with no shipping show him the cash he is payin $33-38 landed.
Does he understand you passion and need for the goods . Meet them in person dont call bring cash. My experience has been if you show them you care about what they do and you want to do you. Pizza people love other pizza people  you can  walk out at cost  ;D  If the guy is that cheap then flash the cash and offer to give him $50 bucks,  thats a lot of flour! I hope business is not that bad where he has to bang you for $60 Bucks! thants what I think.
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline csafranek

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2013, 10:07:12 PM »
Well unfortunately I've had his pizza and it was horrible. He has a beautiful I mean beautiful place but pizzas are just plain bad. He also makes a desert chocolate pizza which is down right awful. Too bad, great location, awesome setup just bad food.

pizzapan