Author Topic: Has anyone used a countertop deck oven?  (Read 3039 times)

Offline MikesCookin

Re: Has anyone used a countertop deck oven?
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2013, 11:04:31 AM »
Scott,

Thanks for the input.  I didnít know that ceramic flagstone equated to cordierite. The thread to which you refer showed some positive results (from Matthew), in any case, once I get it up and running I will perform tests with different stones and report back with cook times, recovery, etc.

Thanks,
Mike

Offline MikesCookin

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2013, 11:11:41 AM »
John,

The 'easy bake' referred to above is the Bakerís Pride model in this caseÖ

On ebay, starting at around $400-450, you can get used BPís  that are 120V maybe 1500W.
The PX14 240V new is about $575 but itís 1500W and max 650F and is described as ďall purpose electric countertop oven ideal for baking, warming, and finishing pretzels, cookies, par-baked products, sushi, hot wings, and much moreĒ.

-so itís basically a warming oven.

BP does have some nice 240V pizza ovens that are counter top size like the P22 which is 2-deck and you can also get brick lined, but max temp is 680F  - and more importantly costs $2K.  Used 240V BPís usually start around $800-900.

-Mike

scott123

« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2013, 12:09:17 PM »
The thread to which you refer showed some positive results (from Matthew), in any case.

It's a solid oven, Mike, and should give you some top notch pies. I'm only trying to steer potential oven buyers towards less expensive options (such as steel).  Since you already own the oven, I have no doubt that you'll be very happy with it.

pizzapan