Author Topic: The seasoning was poorly done on my Detroit Style Pizza Co. pan  (Read 2822 times)

Offline Serpentelli

• Supporting Member
    • Bat Man vs. The Penguin
Re: The seasoning was poorly done on my Detroit Style Pizza Co. pan
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2013, 03:18:13 PM »
BTW Redox,

I agree with you review of non-stick cookware. I too tend towards a mild to moderate hatred of "teflon" type cookware.

These pans were purchased as a sort of "experiment".

Now, if someone puts soap anywhere near any of my three perfectly seasoned steel paella pans I lash out at them bitterly.... >:( ;D
I'm not wearing hockey pads!

Offline redox

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2013, 03:53:14 PM »
Now, if someone puts soap anywhere near any of my three perfectly seasoned steel paella pans I lash out at them bitterly.... >:( ;D
Oh, man. I've always wanted to try paella. Someday...
That'll give me a use for my saffron, other than Arroz con Pollo.

Offline redox

« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2013, 06:24:40 PM »
The re-seasoning was a resounding success. No black specks or flakes marring the beautifully browned crust. Not much stickage, either. Just slid a metal spatula 'twixt the crust and pan and they separated as easily as if they had a iron clad pre-nup. I added a large garlic clove to the tomato sauce and used the pizza as a type of garlic cheese bread with our ravioli. Next time I'd use two cloves. Even have some left for late night snackage. Ok, no more made up words, sorry. I'm off for another glass of vino.

Offline redox

« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2013, 06:55:54 PM »
The Detroit Style Pizza Co. has identified and fixed the problem with their seasoning process so I'd hate to be responsible for anyone not ordering their pans because of what I posted. I've got a new one and it's just fine. I'd change or delete the posting subject if I could.

pizzapan