Author Topic: Hello fellow pizza enthusiasts  (Read 161 times)

Offline coffeemeplz

Hello fellow pizza enthusiasts
« on: February 25, 2013, 11:43:48 AM »
Hi everyone.  My name is Diana and I am in Washington State.  My husband and I recently decided to learn how to make our own pizza.  I cannot believe it has taken us this long though because if he had it his way, my husband would sustain himself on pizza alone.  I think the reason we never attempted it before is that we thought it would be too diffucult to replicate the crust on some of our favorites.  I am glad I stumbled upon this forum as is definitely seems to be the happening spot for all types of pizza officianados.  As far as pizza goes, there are a few favorites but both of us agree that we most definitely long for the days of old and that wonderfully original taste and texture that the local Pizza and Pipes offered us growing up.  Until recently, we had not ecncountered anything remotely close to this.  However, we spent a week at the beach in Seaside Oregon and had the fortunate experience of blissfully encountering Fultano's Pizza.  As soon as we walked in we recgonized the smell.  It smelled, tasted like, and had the same wonderful crunch as our old favorite.  Unfortunately, no such pizza exists, to our knowledge, in our area.  This is what brings me here.  When searching for a cracker crust recipe to attempt, all signs pointed me here.   I will be making a batch of dough today along with a sauce and we will be attempting our first pizza making experience tomorrow night.  Hopefully all goes well, or at least relatively close.  I look forward to learning as much as possible about pizza making and this seems to be the place to do so. 

Thanks for taking the time to read my long winded introduction.  Have a great day!

Offline tinroofrusted

• Supporting Member
  • Experimenting....
Re: Hello fellow pizza enthusiasts
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 02:25:04 PM »
Welcome to the forum Diana. As you probably have seen there are many great cracker crust threads here, so you can have a very nice time reading some of them.  I love cracker style crusts too.  And its good to know that you found a great place in Seaside OR. 

Best regards,

TinRoof