Author Topic: new here with alot of questions  (Read 214 times)

Offline dklewandow

new here with alot of questions
« on: March 02, 2013, 02:49:56 PM »
Hello,

I am just here to learn more about pizza making.  I just opened a 25 pound bad of bread flour from Sam's and using the same recipe with compare that flour with King Arther Bread Flour and Gold Medal Better for Bread Flour.  Wish me luck with my experiment.

Dee from Peoria, IL

Offline Jet_deck

• Supporting Member
Re: new here with alot of questions
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 03:02:23 PM »
Good luck Dee.  Take some pics.  What recipe are you using?
Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends

Offline tombiasi

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, 09:37:30 PM »
Welcome. With a 25 pound bag I guess you will be doing a lot of experiments:-) Better buy some beer.

Offline dklewandow

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2013, 10:02:27 PM »
Good luck Dee.  Take some pics.  What recipe are you using?
i don't have an official recipe, but i started with 2 cups of water, about 200 grams of flour for the better for bread, 210 grams for the king auther, and 215 for the Sam's club bread flour, 1/2 tsp IDY and about 2 tsp of salt.  I ended up adding a little H20 to the king auther mix because it felt too stiff compared to the other 2 dough balls.  I kept the topping simple, pizza sauce, diced onions in a small amount and sausage with some diced pepperocini and diced green olives.  the first pizza was almost to die for, OMG, like a chewy crust with some crunch on the bottom.  the second pizza rose more, like at least double of the other two (same treatment) and looked the best to me, but not the chewy crust the first one had (not bad at all though).  the third one was good also, looked good - tasted good but I wonder if I was full by the time I got to the taste testing of the third that it did not have the same wow.  all in all, not a bad outcome at all.  any suggestions would be appreciated, but to be honest, i don't know if I have ever had the really good chewy pizza some talk about on here. 

Dee

Offline dklewandow

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2013, 10:05:05 PM »
Welcome. With a 25 pound bag I guess you will be doing a lot of experiments:-) Better buy some beer.

I think that is why I became interested in making pizza, cause i was running out of ideas for what to eat with beer.  oh, wait, maybe I can put some of the beer in the pizza, yeah, there's a thought.

Offline tombiasi

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2013, 10:20:52 PM »
oh, wait, maybe I can put some of the beer in the pizza, yeah, there's a thought.
It's been done. Do a search.

Tom