Author Topic: Good Pizza in Toledo?  (Read 1422 times)

Offline T-Man

• I Love Pizza!
Good Pizza in Toledo?
« on: January 20, 2006, 10:00:15 PM »
Going to be spending the better part of a week in Toledo soon and was wondering if anyone had any good pizza recommendations.  For what it's worth, I tend to prefer thicker crusts...deepdish etc. TIA

Offline Trinity

• Extra cheese please!
Re: Good Pizza in Toledo?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2006, 11:07:17 PM »
You gotta try "The original gino's pizza" On Monroe and Central. :)

http://www.originalginospizza.com/pgeGinos.htm
It's an Earth food. They are called Swedish meatballs. It's a strange thing, but every sentient race has its own version of these Swedish meatballs! I suspect it's one of those great universal mysteries which will either never be explained, or which would drive you mad if you ever learned the truth.

Offline ZekeTheCat

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2006, 10:16:08 AM »
Rosie's Family Restaurants in Toledo has very good pizza among their Italian cusine- several locations.

Offline RedGreene

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2006, 10:58:40 AM »
I have to agree with Trinity.  I went to Gino's last weekend(Perrysburg location) and OH MY God!  The cheese and sauce on their pizza is the best I've EVER had.  It's not deep dish but you won't be disappointed T-Man.  We're leaving in a few hours to eat at Biaggi's, but to be honest with you I would rather go back to Ginos.

Offline Trinity

• Extra cheese please!
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2006, 07:27:06 AM »
 ::) :D

Glad you liked it!

If you can ever figure out how to make 'their' sauce,,, Let me know. :)
It's an Earth food. They are called Swedish meatballs. It's a strange thing, but every sentient race has its own version of these Swedish meatballs! I suspect it's one of those great universal mysteries which will either never be explained, or which would drive you mad if you ever learned the truth.

pizzapan