Author Topic: Pizza Video  (Read 361 times)

Offline David Esq.

• Making pizza since 2013
Pizza Video
« on: October 30, 2014, 10:16:16 AM »
 I liked how he shaped the dough, though he bought it at a pizzeria  I was floored by how he took the pizza stone out of the oven, laid the dough on top of it and then topped the pizza while the pizza was baking on the stone.

I take my cast iron pan out of the oven and put the topped pizza on it. And I would never try to shape it on the hot stone like he did here.  Impressed.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 10:18:35 AM by David Esq. »

Offline JD

• Supporting Member
Re: Pizza Video
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 10:22:25 AM »
That's a dangerous thing to teach people to do. Not impressed.
Josh

Offline David Esq.

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2014, 10:38:06 AM »
I was impressed more in the sense of Evil Knievel sort of way.  It takes quite a bit of talent to shape a dough that is going to stretch out and fit your 500 degree pizza stone nearly exactly, IMHO.

Offline Tscarborough

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Pizza Anarchy
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2014, 11:06:27 AM »
I would maybe shape it on a hot stone, but I would never recommend doing it online.  A couple of other things, he should put the oregano on before the cheese (and sprinkle some on post bake if he wants), and he is wrong about things moving outward, they move inward.  You should always make the ingredients heavier around the rim, not the center.

Offline David Esq.

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2014, 11:08:26 AM »
I would maybe shape it on a hot stone, but I would never recommend doing it online.  A couple of other things, he should put the oregano on before the cheese (and sprinkle some on post bake if he wants), and he is wrong about things moving outward, they move inward.  You should always make the ingredients heavier around the rim, not the center.
Maybe his stone is convex?  I was personally affronted at the cheese selection.  But I liked how he shaped the dough.

Offline Donjo911

• Supporting Member
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2014, 11:12:27 AM »
That's a dangerous thing to teach people to do. Not impressed.
^^^  Also, what's up with the massive semolina application and use?! Geez!  That dough ball looks huge to me. 22+ ounces! I'd bet.  And, anyone else think that the 100+ degrees he lost from taking the stone out of the oven and dressing it would end up producing a gum line? Why not just dress it on the peel and launch/place/scoot it onto the full temp stone?  That tutorial leaves me with more questions than answers. Restaurant quality dough, perhaps. But not restaurant quality pizza IMHO.
Cheers,
Don
I have done wrong.. but what I did, I thought needed to be done.

Offline David Esq.

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2014, 12:26:00 PM »
Restaurant quality dough at home is easy when you buy the dough at the restaurant and bring it home.

I expect that he didn't feel he could cover the entire stone if he peeled the dressed pizza onto it.

Offline adampawliczek

• I Love Pizza!
    • Online pizza dough calculator
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2014, 01:12:52 AM »
Video that impressed me (and still does):

I love everything: the way the guy stretches the dough (my preferred way), the amount of ingredients, the oven and the final result. Probably i will never have a chance to taste it, but just looking at this video (and other about pupatella) i believe that it tastes delicious.

pizzapan