Author Topic: Latest experiment  (Read 1980 times)

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
Re: Latest experiment
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2013, 10:50:04 PM »

I got tired of wasting a lot of sauce when I only needed about 7 ounces for a 16 inch pie.

You stated...I help.... ;)
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline tombiasi

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2013, 10:52:14 PM »
You stated...I help.... ;)
That you did Bob, thanks.

Offline tombiasi

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2013, 02:13:16 PM »
Since no one else has chimed in , I would suggest you try a controlled temp ferment, not refrigerated.  I have been doing 24-48 hrs at a temp of 61-65 F. It has increased the rise of the dough and the bubbles in the dough before opening. I do not find a loss of flavor which seems to be the reason the longer , cold ferment is utilized.
Try it, you may like it.

Mark

Hi Mark,
I made the dough Monday and put it in a controlled 61 F 1 . After 20 hours I had to re-ball it since it was over fermenting.
I put it back in and after an hour or so it was maxing out again. I put in in the fridge until tomorrow. I will use it if it looks good but I made two balls and left one my regular way just in case. I used BFB, .3 IDY, no sugar.
I'll let you know.

Tom

Offline mkevenson

• Lifetime Member
  • Roos! Protector of Fowl
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2013, 03:50:20 PM »
Tom, I have been stretching, folding and reballing after 12 hrs. My proofing containers are kinda small.
Hope you get what you want. My dough was a disaster last weekend, nothing but holes when I opened. Funny how one dough changes from one week to the next. Back to the drawing board! :(

Mark
"Gettin' better all the time" Beatles

Offline tombiasi

« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2013, 06:41:28 PM »
Tom, I have been stretching, folding and reballing after 12 hrs. My proofing containers are kinda small.
Hope you get what you want. My dough was a disaster last weekend, nothing but holes when I opened. Funny how one dough changes from one week to the next. Back to the drawing board! :(

Mark

I get the holes with an over-fermented dough. I found that if I re-ball it, let it sit for an hour, it usually works fine. Of course if you have people sitting at the table waiting for the pie to come out an hour could be dangerous, :o unless you have beer. :P
Tom

Offline tombiasi

« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2013, 04:22:18 PM »

Mark
Mark,
Thanks for your suggestions but I couldn't use your dough Wednesday. I really didn't make your actual dough since I had to move it to the refrigerator after 20 hours because it was blowing up. I wish I could have used it based on the smell alone. Very rich fermentation.
I used my backup.
Thanks again.
Tom

pizzapan