Author Topic: Under 4 minute bake  (Read 1310 times)

Offline Seven

Under 4 minute bake
« on: March 04, 2013, 12:26:27 PM »
I used my 1/2 inch aluminum plate for the 3rd time yesterday. The oven was preheated to 500 degrees on convection and the pie was launched with the plate around 520 degree. I still haven't purchased a peel so I used the lid from a cardboard pizza box instead...I'd like to blame the shape solely on the peel but my stretching skills still need work. I'm thinking about lowering hydration a bit to make the dough a bit less extendable...the transfer of the dough from the counter to the fists and then from the fists to the "peel" really get it out of round. Anyway, total oven time was about 3:45 with the final 1:45 on convection roast, which turns on the top coils. I could have let it go a bit more but I was afraid the cheese would start to burn. The 2nd pie cooked for an even 4 minutes but I don't have any pictures of that one.

Offline zaafreak

Re: Under 4 minute bake
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 12:55:53 PM »
Nice looking pie!

Offline mkevenson

• Lifetime Member
  • Roos! Protector of Fowl
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 01:18:18 PM »
I like the color, you done good! ^^^

Mark
"Gettin' better all the time" Beatles

Offline Seven

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2013, 09:41:36 PM »
Thanks guys! I gave the dough an extra day and it really made a difference in the final product. Color was better, flavor was better. I wish the end product was round though ;-)

Offline jeffereynelson

• Supporting Member
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 02:55:54 AM »
Nicely done. I have a similar setup and cook the same was as you except I go to broiler, I don't have convection.

Offline PizzaSean

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2013, 12:36:46 PM »
looks good and very tasty!

pizzapan