Author Topic: Kaz  (Read 210 times)

Offline thekaz

Kaz
« on: March 04, 2013, 02:24:47 PM »
Hey, all -

New user Kaz here. I've always loved pizza. I had birthday parties at a pizza place every year as a kid. I grew up in the Buffalo area, and always thought they had the best Pizza. I still think they have a lot of good pizza there, but I now reside in the New Haven area, and this style is my new favorite style of pizza.

Anyhow, with kids, we have a pizza night every week. We used to use pre-made shells and sauce (and, don't get me wrong, Palmieri in New Haven makes a decent jarred pizza sauce!), but one day I decided to try my hand, and turned to Kenji over at serious eats, and never looked back. In fact, we teased my daughter about using the pizza shells the other day, and her response was, "augh! don't make me eat that awful stuff).

So, between Sally's and my homemade sauce and dough, we're developing some young pizza snobs.

And Slice is great, but I want to work on different styles of pizza some more, and I've heard this is a great resource, so... here I am!

Offline scott123

Re: Kaz
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 12:49:21 PM »
Kaz, welcome to the forum. I grew up eating shell-based pizza, and, once I tasted the real thing, I never looked back. :)

Offline Serpentelli

• Supporting Member
Re: Kaz
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 12:52:54 PM »
I now reside in the New Haven area, and this style is my new favorite style of pizza.

Welcome to the forum! You are already creating the next generation of pizza fanatics so well done!

If you ever want to do a house swap let me know. I could really get into eating NH Pizza every night for a week or so.

John K
I'm not wearing hockey pads!